Chapter 23- Echoes

The morning was glum. Jeremie, Odd, Ulrich and Aelita where sitting around doing nothing with bored expressions on their face. I sat beside Jeremie. "How's everyone doing?"

"Great," Odd mumbled.

Sissi walked up to us. "Hey Ulrich dear. How are you this morning?" she said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Bug off, Sissi," he snapped. Sissi walked past Yumi.

"Hey guys!" she chirped. "Today's the day!"

We headed to the factory and onto the lowest floor. Yumi gave us a grand speech out ending our adventures. Then, Jeremie stepped forward and nearly turned it off, before he suggested that we cast a vote. Yumi and I were the only ones who wanted to shut off the supercomputer.

Later, I sat with Aelita on a bench outside. "Hey," I mumbled. I sighed a little. "Lyoko's been a big part of not of your lives." She looked at me confused. "You were trapped inside for ten years and had no idea who you were or how you got there and me? My entire life revolved around Lyoko, since the day I was born."

"Then why did you vote to shut it down?" she asked.

"Because the next chapter of your lives won't begin if you don't. We still have a lot of questions regarding the supercomputer and it's origins but, we can't do any of it without leaving this part of us behind us." I smiled at her and she pulled me into a hug. We had lost too much, all of us, and no one wants to forget that. Ever.

As my memory recalls, Sissi finds out about the factory. I saw her being dragged by the principal. Jeremie, Aelita, Odd and I went to the factory whilst Ulrich went to find Yumi. At the factory, Jeremie launched the last ever: "Return to the past!"

We were back to that morning. I warned the Warriors about the microchip. Sissi came to us and bent to pat Ulrich's back but he stopped her. "Look Sissi. If you want to continue being friends you got to stop annoying us. We don't have a secret."

"You... you mean we're already friends?"

"Of course," Odd nodded. "School whorls be so boring without you."

"We'll, alright then. See you later friends," she waved. I saw her wave at Sissi.

We headed to the factory. "All those in favour of shutting down the supercomputer, raise your hand." We all held them up.

Jeremie clutched the handle and pulled it down.

At the park, Odd was just closing the manhole when Jim popped up. "We'll, well. If it isn't the spectacular six. What are you up to?"

"Oh, you know..." Odd began. "We're putting the end to a fantastic story."

"No kidding. After all, I was once a kid too."

"Really? What were you like?"

"I'd rather not talk about it."