𝚅. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚊𝚡𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎

"Hey, Chris, Knox here." Knox said as he was borrowing the school's payphone, next day after class.

His voice put a huge smile on Chris' face:"Knox! How are you doing?"

He felt a sense of relief when he heard the love of his life pick up the phone:"Other than missing you like crazy, I'm pretty good. And you?"

"Aww, I miss you too! I'm doing good, the teachers have already given us loads of work." She giggled.

Knox replied:"Same here. Listen, you won't believe what happened!"

"I'm all ears!" Chris said in anticipation.

Knox looked around before speaking up:"Two girls have started attending the school this year."

"No way! How did that happen?" Chris said excited.

"I have no idea. They're Mr. Nolan and Mr. Keating's relatives." Knox responded and Chris squeaked:"Oh my, can I meet them one day?"

Knox giggled and leaned against the wall:"Of course, sweetie. They'd be happy to have some female company, I think."

Vanessa and Linda were in their room, Linda flipping through a book, while Vanessa was taping some of her drawings with poetry on the wall.

They heard a knock on the door and Linda put down her book:"That must be Meeks. Come in!"

The fluffy-haired ginger stepped inside with books in his hands. He fixed his glasses and greeted them:"Good day, ladies. Am I too early?"

Vanessa told Linda that Neil and her will be doing the research at the library, so Linda invited Meeks into their room to do the research at the same time.

"No, you're just in time, I was just about to leave in a few minutes!" Vanessa said, taping the last paper on the wall.

Linda tapped on the the desk, so that Meeks could put down the books.

He did exactly that and observed the walls covered in pretty artworks with an open mouth:"Did you draw all that?"

"Yup." Vanessa smiled, stepping off the bed and putting on her shoes. "I'm gonna let you two do the work, Neil is probably waiting for me in the library."

Linda smiled at her, coming closer to the desk:"Good luck!"

"You too!" Vanessa said, before closing the door behind her.

She walked downstairs, through the hallways all the way to the main building. She almost got lost, trying to find the huge baroque library, if her project partner hadn't shown up in front of her:"Thought you might need some help finding the library." He smiled, before waving his hand:"Follow me."

Vanessa followed him without any doubt. She saw him as a trustworthy man, because her father can usually read people very well and he wouldn't like him that much if he were a bad person.

When they walked through the library door, all that Vanessa could do was stare with a dropped jaw.

"You like what you see, don't you?" Neil said with a teasing smirk. He stopped walking and waited for her to stop observing the huge ceilings, golden light shining through the windows, shelves fully stacked with hundreds of books.
Vanessa was still speechless, so she just nodded her head and started walking slowly.

They walked over to the "music" section and started searching for some useful books.

"I hope they haven't borrowed all of them yet." Vanessa said, browsing through the bookshelves.