Leaving You

Luca was a crying mess when he woke up, because today was the day he had to leave his boyfriend for 9 months. He had to remind himself to use his ocean water method, because no one was awake then. "Luca...?" Alberto said sleepily. "Are you okay?" That pushed him over the edge again, and tears spilled out of his eyes. Alberto hurried over to him and hugged him. "Hey, it's okay, Luca," he said in a soothing voice. "It's okay. You're here, I'm here, we're okay." He continued to whisper things of this nature into Luca's ear until he calmed down.

Luca sniffled, and looked up at Alberto. "I'm gonna miss you."
"I'm gonna miss you too."
"I just wish there was a way to go to school, but stay here at the same time."
"Yeah, me too. Honestly, it's gonna be hard to adjust to not having my stellina around."
"And it's gonna be hard for me to not have my Beto."
"How about we make a promise?"
Luca was confused. "About what?"
Alberto grabbed Luca's hand. "About this. No matter how far away we are from each other, we'll love each other till the end."
The smaller boy smiled. "I think that's a great idea," he said, giving Alberto a peck on the cheek. Alberto then responded by holding Luca's face and kissing him on the lips. But instead of the usual half-second peck, he kept at it. And Luca kissed back. About 10 seconds into the kiss, Giulia burst open the door. "Good morning gUYSSSS OKAY WHAT IS HAPPENING." Alberto quickly pulled away from the kiss. "Go away Giules!!!" he yelled. "ALREADY LEAVING," she replied quite awkwardly, closing the door. Silence ensued for about 3 seconds, and all of a sudden, Alberto burst out in laughter. "Oh my god, did you see her face?" Alberto asked. Luca laughed a little. "No, but I can imagine."

During breakfast, Giulia seemed off. "Hey, Giules, are you okay?" Alberto asked. "Huh? Oh, no, I'm fine!" she said with a smile. Alberto could tell it was fake. He's had enough experience to know. After breakfast was cleaned up, he pulled Giulia aside. "Okay, I know that smile was fake. Please tell me what's going on," he begged with brotherly concern. Giulia dropped the act, and sighed. "It's just... you're my brother now, and I've kind of grown attached to you, in a weird way? I don't know." "No, I... I get it. I mean, sure, I'm gonna miss Luca a lot. But you? You're my little sister, Guiles. I'm worried." Giulia teared up and hugged Alberto. she sniffled and wiped her eyes, but smiled. "You're the best big brother I could ask for."

At the train station, Massimo made sure Giulia packed everything, and hugged her goodbye when there was an announcement for everyone to board the train. "Well, I guess it's time for me to leave," Luca said, tears forming in his eyes once again. Alberto hugged him tightly. "I'll talk to you every day, okay?" Luca nodded. "I'll answer the phone every time." But Luca didn't know that he didn't mean on the phone. He kissed Alberto on the cheek and went up to get on the train, but before he went through the door, Alberto grabbed his hand and pulled him into one last kiss. The whistle blew, and the train started moving. Before the train entered the tunnel, he yelled one last thing to his love. "I love you!" he yelled over the train engine. "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!!!" he said, jumping up and down until Luca couldn't see him anymore.

When he sat down, he heard a crinkle in his shorts pocket. He pulled out a piece of paper. More specifically, a note.

Hey Luca,

        I couldn't say this to you, because the train left already. Massimo has been getting even better at managing on his own at home, and he says I don't need to stick around too much to help him out.

What I'm saying is, you might want to save a desk next to you for me.

                            See you soon, amore mio!

                                                                      ~Alberto