𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 11

"Haha! Do you need an extra hand Y/n or are you just good with one?!" The floating fairy joked from afar

Your master was a great distance away from her, sending a ferocious glare which made her immediately shut up.

You sat on your knees, soft fingers touching your bloodied bottom lip. You didn't move a muscle, refusing to believe that it was you who got played. That did not just happen.

Your mind replayed the incident that took place not too long ago. Instead of aiming for your left arm, Aether tossed the sword up into the air to distract you from his initial plan. He shot you with a burst of Anemo, forcing you down to the grass.

The fall was unexpected on your part, causing you to accidentally chomp down on your tongue and bleed.

Scaramouche could've warned you. He actually saw it coming even before the blonde jumped out of the smoke. However, he didn't do it for obvious reasons. Your master needed to test your skills, to see if you were worthy enough to call yourself his personal AI. Having said that, he could only scoff when he took notice of your careless error.

But aside from that, a question began to linger in your head.

How was that possible?

Aether had no vision on him that was visible and yet, you were positive that he possessed the element of Anemo. Could he be a special case?

Maybe that's why he made such a big name for himself. A holder of many titles but chose not to flaunt any of them. Well, aside from that babbling fly who always talked for him.

But could you, a high-level robot constructed by the Fatui, really lose to a random traveler who fought with the weakest sword in Teyvat history? Just the thought of that had you cracking up like it was a comedy show.

Your head fell back as you stared up at the bright blue sky. Since when did the clouds clear out? You couldn't contain your diabolical laugher, releasing it in a scary fit. Aether only watched feeling afraid, worried,....uneasy.