𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 35

This had to be the place

If you recall correctly, you were expected to meet Kazuha outside of the city, amidst the peaks of Mt. Tianheng. The particular time and location, however, were not explicitly stated which left you to rely on your senses for guidance.

Where the wind blows, you shall follow. You could almost hear him say it in his naturally calming voice, as if the words had been spoken to you a thousand times before. The ease with which your feet glided forward only served as further testament to the sense of familiarity.

He was close—so close you could feel his presence. It was as if an invisible hand tenderly tugged yours forward, driven by a gentle breeze that seemed to send an unspoken message. You were being led to the pinnacle of the mountain, where a patient boy was awaiting your arrival.

Amid all the climbing, your thoughts returned to the memory of Scaramouche grumbling about his sore feet from having to constantly walk. If he were here, he'd be complaining about the steep ascent of the mountains, which caused a small raise at the corners of your lips.

What felt like hours turned out to be only a few minutes. You were soon standing on Mt. Tianheng's highest point without even realizing it. The wind, which had been your guide, finished its duties and left you to explore your surroundings on your own. All you had to do now was find the boy you were looking for.

"I wasn't sure if you were going to come." A familiar voice confessed from behind you. Looking over your shoulder, you noticed Kazuha leisurely reclining against the tree, basking in the morning sun from the soothing shade. His attention was fixated on a single leaf resting between his fingers before he released it and raised his eyes to meet yours. "It's great to see you again, Y/n."

His smile radiated the same happiness as your last encounter, but this time there was a noticeable difference—a reassured expression replaced the former fatigue. You watched him approach, ignoring the way the leaf delicately brushed your cheek as it passed. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" He commented while standing next to you. You followed his gaze, taking in the breathtaking Liyue Harbour in its entirety. It was a beauty that needed no definition.