𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 15

Out of all the eleven Fatui Harbingers, Scaramouche was the most feared by his enemies and colleagues

You didn't understand it at first. He was only ranked number six so it couldn't be because of his seniority.

Most presumptions pinpointed it to power and although it was partially correct, that was only a broader aspect of the truth that lied ahead.

The opposing side wasn't afraid of his strength. Rather, it was his madness that drove rivals away.

Scaramouche lost touch of reality when he first became affiliated with the Fatui, perchance even before that. There wasn't any database on his past and nevertheless, it wasn't in your best interest to snoop. You instead depended on the popular stories and rumours his associates shared about him.

Almost every treasure hoarder crossed paths with him during their travels. Some returned to their camps severely injured while others didn't come back at all. The simple mention of his name reopened psychological trauma to those who survived, leaving chills down their spines and developing further stress response.

The harbinger left a huge impact on their lives. Nobody dared to mess with him for obvious reasons.

The raven-head knew exactly how to utilize his pawns; to turn soldiers into atomic weapons. Damaged or not, he found value in all his fighters and always made use for them on the battle field. It was only when the war was over did he throw them away like broken chess pieces.

A 'dangerous man who needed to be sealed up in exchange for everlasting peace'. That's what they labeled him as.

It's because he had nothing to lose. No family to return home to, no friends to share laughs and jokes with, no wife to plan a future with. He held his life with careless hands, as if he wanted to see it fall between his fingers.

Truthfully speaking, Scaramouche barely had any care for his existence and actually longed for the day of his death. As sad as it sounds, he grew bored of the various men and women who challenged him to a duel but failed. He made sure to acknowledge their bravery before the execution.