𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 34

It was close to six in the morning when you eventually received the long-awaited message

It was close to six in the morning when you eventually received the long-awaited message. You had already disconnected the tracking function and all ties with the other Fatui members in case they discovered Dottore's body on the floor of his own lab with the two apparent suspects gone. You disabled all means of communication. All but one.

Sure, there was a part of you that truly believed you could put your trust in Childe. You described your last interaction with him as one of earnestness and urgency. He was adamant about getting you away from Scaramouche, and now you understood why. Not only that, but he was willing to disclose extensive details of what happened behind Snezhnaya's closed case—an opportunity that had passed you by. With his unwavering devotion to the Tsaritsa, Childe was no longer a factor.

That was when you suddenly remembered there was a backup source. The Fatui Agent whose name you didn't know. You recalled meeting him in Mondstadt, who would end up having your back without even needing to say so. In the midst of the violent chaos—while you were imprisoned in a state of guilt—he whispered in your ear that he'd known you were hiding your kind heart since the minute he sat with you on the bench, and that he'd take care of the rest.

Whether it meant he would execute Kaeya or take him to safety was unknown at the time and even now. However, the fact that he referred to you as a kind heart and not a defect spoke much about his character.

As a result, you had faith in him. It wasn't difficult to trace him down through the myriad Fatui IDs because you knew what he looked like and that every member had a photo with and without their disguise. When you identified him, you blocked all communications but his and messaged him about Scaramouche's involvement in Dottore's death.

You weren't sure if what you were doing was going to assist or harm your case. Your intellect may even be completely incorrect, and his loyalty could well transcend your brief acquaintance. Furthermore, he had no incentive to put his family or himself in such peril by assisting you two.

Fortunately, you didn't have to persuade yourself that this wasn't going to happen since a simple message outlining all of the Fatui's current and prospective whereabouts flashed in your mind. Another note came, indicating that he would try to get into the laboratory in his leisure time and cover everything up. The final message was him urging you not to worry about him and explaining that he would destroy the device on which he was contacting you in order to remove all evidence.