𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 12

The battle between you and Aether was fought carelessly

The battle between you and Aether was fought carelessly. Unfortunately, you now came to the realization since you were currently facing the consequences.

You didn't think much of it, seeing as you were just doing your job. You also didn't think about how Dottore would feel, especially coming back to him almost destroyed.

And as expected, it wasn't going to be a happy reunion.

Not even a second of stepping foot into the laboratory and you were already getting mixed reactions.

Dottore's jaw dropped to the floor as he stared at you with wide eyes. He didn't know where to look, not even sure if he wanted to in the first place. Your entire frame was battered, clothes dirty and a precious arm missing.

In contrast, Childe actually made a surprise visit and leaned on the counter with a welcoming smile. He was more focused on your outfit that he specifically picked out for you. Of course you're wearing it he flattered himself.

"W-what happened?!" The blue-haired man frantically asked, hurrying over to you and taking the detached part from your hand. He examined it then lifted the upper arm of your injured side. "I told him to put you through small tests for the first two weeks!"

His skin got noticeably paler, hands starting to tremble beyond his control. Dottore's head fell back as he stared up at the ceiling lights, running a hand through his soft hair. "I'm going to pass out...."

Childe took a seat on a vacant stool, laughing as you guided the fatigue doctor to his desk. "What do you expect? It's Scaramouche we're talking about." The ginger bantered as he rested his chin on the palm of his hand.

"What are you doing here?" You asked the eleventh harbinger. Your question wasn't intended to sound rude but rather to indulge your curiosity. It's well-known that Childe was a busy man who rarely had any free time on his hands.