Rescue

The rocks on Mrs. Kyndley's hill have been unstable for weeks and Mrs. Kyndley called The Fat Controller, giving him a codeword. "Code Brown, Topham."

"I see. I'm on my way." He was about to hang up, but Mrs. Kyndley told him something else.

"It's Thomas! He's stuck inside!"

Sir Topham Hatt was horrified! "I'll be there! I'll radio Jem and Charlie!"

Sir Topham Hatt hung up and turned on his radio, dialing to the radios on Jem Cole's Office and Edward's Cab. "Edward! Jem! I need your help. Thomas is stuck in a rockslide at Mrs. Kyndley's Cottage! Edward bring the breakdown train and Jem, bring Terence and get over there quickly to clear up the rocks! We could lose him!"

"On our way!" Jem Cole answered. Jem Cole was the head of the Road Transit and Agriculture Industries on the Island. Unfortunately for him, his office was stationed all the way at Wellsworth at the Orchard, but fortunately, Edward knew this, so he brought a loading flatbed at the back

"Hop on!" Edward smiled.

And so they did, Edward quickly puffed to Mrs. Kyndley's Cottage. He was the only tender engine that could go down the branch line. He also knew the Island like the back of his hand, so he ran around to the Loop Line, knowing that it was the quickest way to get to Elsbridge, then he could proceed further up the line.

They reached the cottage around 45 minutes after the accident. "Go on, Terence!"

He quickly backed up and started cleaning up the rubble. Soon, he found Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel, all still alive as if it were some miracle. They all coughed and spluttered as Edward lifted them out and onto flatbeds. He took them to the works, hoping it wasn't his time to go.