Prototype- 11001

The diesel was none that James had ever seen before. He seemed to have six drive wheels and an extra gear behind them, seeming to power the system. The engine looked over to James, terrified. While Eustace and Clydesdale, being the two nimrods they were, still made their way into the shed while James decided to stop and talk to the unique diesel. Neither of the other two noticed.

"What happened to you,-. Erm... 11001...?" James asked him calmly.

"My name is Dennis..." The engine whispered. "I was made as a prototype for my class... I was one of the first diesels ever built here... however, I started to get lazy and boastful. They didn't like that at all. My controller sent me here. I have learned from my mistakes though. If you save me, I promise I will never do it again. Please help me I beg..."

James saw the two diesels progressing slower than a man with no legs in front of him, but they were making their way along. He realized they might catch on soon enough.

"I'm sorry. I'll think about it, alright? I'll be back." James said.

"Please don't leave me, please..." Dennis cried, but James was already puffing away.

"James!" Another engine yelled out.

"Shhhh!" James said, slowing back down. "Do I know you?"

"I know it's been a while, but... you should know me..." The little engine looked up at James.