~Chapter Two~

Ambria ran quietly to the other side of the theater, hoping Bryce and Julia didn't see her. She stopped and pressed her back against the brick wall, and forced herself to take a deep breath. She already had a couple tears running down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them away, a boy didn't deserve her tears. She took out her phone and decided to call Brielle to come pick her up.

When Brielle answered the phone, she could tell something was wrong but didn't push her on it.

Less than ten minutes later, a grey mini van came to pick her up, with Brielle driving.

Once Ambria got into the front seat, she told Brielle everything from waiting for Bryce right up to the kiss. Ambria tried to hold in the tears that hadn't already fallen, but eventually they came flowing.

After arriving home, Brielle helped Ambria into her bed and answered all of Mrs.Turner's questions for her. Brielle led her and did anything she wanted to do. Brielle offered her favorites, mac and cheese, chocolate and anything she thought would make her feel better.

Ambria didn't want any of it, she just stared across to the other side of the wall with pictures hanging from the dangly lights. Pictures of all of her friends, pictures of Bryce and her, pictures of Jax and her dad, pictures of their family before it had changed. She was so happy then, why couldn't she still be happy now?

Ambria wanted to rip Julia and Bryce out of each of those photos, like they deserved.

After an hour she finally received another text from Bryce.

Hey! Sorry, I was a bit late to the movies tonight. I didn't see you. Hopefully we can try to go again in a week?

Ambria didn't reply to the text but just stared at it for hours, it was a lie. One thing she hated more than being betrayed was being lied to.

Her head spun in circles as she tried to fall asleep. So many thoughts were racing through her mind. She couldn't relax and sleep.

At three am Ambria eventually sat up figuring sleep was overrated. She opened her dry eyes and looked around her room.

Brielle was sleeping on the floor next to her, most likely wanting to be there for her.

Ambria's mom must've found a sleeping bag in the garage for her and allowed her to stay the night.

Despite the time, Ambria still got up. She quietly sat up and stepped over Brielle's snoring body.

Ambria tiptoed to the tiny desk across the room. She looked into the mirror placed on her black, wooden, desk. Her eyes were red and swollen from crying. Snot was running down her face. She was also still wearing the same outfit from the night before.

She reached down to the bottom drawer and saw a leather journal beneath all the junk stacked up on top of it. She dug through pairs of headphones, thinking putty, and several other things, and grabbed the leather notebook. Ambria held onto it dearly, like it was the only thing holding her together, she climbed back in bed, and fell asleep.

.- -- -... .-. .. .-

After a terrible night of tossing and turning, then suddenly breaking down crying, at six o' clock Ambria finally got up fully. She hurried and put her journal away, before someone saw it and covered it up with all the junk. She immediately went towards the bathroom and washed her face. She tried to dry her eyes, but they wouldn't get any drier than they were already.

She got dressed into some jeans and a plain black T-shirt.

Once Brielle had woken up, she immediately surrounded her by Brielle's arms and was wrapped in a hug.