~Chapter One~

Ambria glanced up out of the window, and peared up at the dark sky.

164 years ago, the 'sun went dark.' The sun vanished. Disappeared. The moon is still out, and with human technology they got things to work. Ambria was taught it at school, but obviously didn't listen to all the information. They had managed, but it had caused a HUGE mess of things, people were scared to go outside, scared the darkness would take them over.

Ambria looked down from the sky and glanced at her alarm clock that had just gone off.

7:15 am.

Ambria quickly got changed into the outfit she picked out last night from her almost empty closet. She quickly put on the jeans and the brown sweater and threw. Ambria took a minute and decided on some cute, white, addidas sneakers. She pulled her hair dark brown in a quick high ponytail, pulling it away from her sky blue eyes.

Sky blue was her favorite color, though no one that is still alive anymore has actually seen the correct sky blue. They all had seen pictures of the skies, and big fluffy clouds that looked like cotton candy. The sky just looked like it was night ALL THE TIME, no morning, no afternoon, no sunrise, no sundown. That's just how it worked, flashlights, and street lamps were very helpful these days.

Ambria looked at herself in the mirror. Her brown hair looked like her mom's though she got her blue eyes from her dad. Ambria stared at the girl in the stand up mirror across from her. She blink the couple tears forming in her eyes away. She went over to the bathroom that her and her sister shared.

There were brushes and combs laying on the counter, due to Lillyana's search for hairtyes earlier this morning. Ambria grabbed all the combs and put them back under the counter in a white bin. She grabbed her bin and lightly did her makeup. Though she hated the makeup, Brielle would be happy with Ambria doing it.

After she was done, Ambria walked down the stairs quickly, and saw her mom packing up her and her sister's lunch.

"Good morning," Ambria said, sliding her white lunch box, that her mom had just finished packing off the black marble counters and into her blue backpack.

"Good morning, sweetie," her mom said, whiping her hands on a kitchen towel right next to her.

She seemed to say more but she closed her mouth.

"BRIA! I NEED YOU TO HELP ME PICK OUT AN OUTFIT FOR MY FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!" Lillyana yelled from the top of the stairs. The kid had lungs. "I'M GOING TO BE LATE AT THE RATE YOU ARE GOING!"

Ambria gave a small smile to her mom, then rushed up the carpeted stairs to help her little sister before she got too cranky. She never even listens to what Ambria says, no matter what she says.

Ambria walked up to carpeted stairs into the room on the other side of the bathroom. There was one more room to the side but Ambria hadn't gone in there for years.

She walked into the room she was supposed to go in.

The walls were a light shade of grey, but everything else seemed a mix of hot pink and anything that had sparkles all over the floor, walls, bed, and desk.

"Why didn't you choose an outfit last night like I told you to do?" Ambria asked kindly, though it felt like her mind was a ticking time bomb. She never had a way with Lillyana, maybe because Lillyana never felt as much grief as her mom and herself.

Lillyana rolled her eyes. "I wanted my beauty to sleep!"

This time it was Ambria's turn to roll her eyes.

After what seemed like hours of arguing over a sweater or a dress, Lillyana finally decided that she would wear a blush pink dress hiding in the back of the eight year old's closet. She had had it for years but never found a chance to wear it.