~Chapter Four~

Both Bryce and Ambria clawed at the rough hands over their faces. Their hands smell like a doctors office and her throat was sore and she couldn't breath with the hand over her face. Ambria and Bryce shared a look, they both were so confused about what was happening.

Ambria kicked and squirmed as much as she could.

"Wow. These two are fighters. The other girl tried to fight but didn't do anything," one of the men said, as they kicked and wiggled.

They tried to squirm free but the men easily held them down.

Ambria looked around for her surroundings.

Bryce was right across from her with two men holding him down.

Ambria only had one man holding her down.

Right as she looked up Bryce swung back and hit one of the men in the face. The man just shook it off and hit Bryce back square in the jaw.

Ambria took the punch as a sign and kicked the man holding her down but he easily dodged it.

Ambria cringed then licked the person's hand. He let go quickly and Ambria kicked him and ran towards Bryce.

The other man shoved her down to the ground harder, scraping her shoulder.

Eventually, both Bryce and Ambria were stuck on the ground and were out of energy. The people shoved them to their feet and pulled out a weird green jug and two white scraps of towels.

The two other men, not holding Ambria or Bryce down, went over and dumped the weird chemicals onto the cloths.

"Don't cause any trouble or I will make your deaths very painful," a man said, leaning down. He must've been the one Bryce had hit in the jaw, because he was rubbing his jaw.

"Dude, what is in that thing?" Bryce asked as they got the towels ready.

It had a mixed smell of millions of years of rotten eggs, spoiled milk, and moldy cheese.

They didn't reply, they just chuckled. The men quickly tied their arms behind their back and held the now off colored cloths towards their face.

The sticky serum covered her face. Ambria held her breath but within minutes she had collapsed.

The last thing she remembered was being carried to a black van. And

.- -- -... .-. .. .-

Ambria came in and out of consciousness. Ambria had experienced darkness but nothing like this before. Flashbacks hit Ambria as she fell into the dark again.

Ambria remembered being torn away from her friend by the strong arms which held her back. She tried to pull away to help Bryce but he was already trapped alongside her.

Ambria remembered the scent of the drug as they dragged her away in a haze. The pain she felt when she was betrayed by one of her closest friends.

The conversation with Bryce, and the sudden rough hands that were pressed into her mouth to keep her from yelling. And being carried to a dark van with a trailer.

Ambria eventually opened her eyes. There was something over the top of her head, a fabric bag. It caused her to not be able to see anything about her surroundings. They were rocking back and forth. Swing from side to side. It made her want to throw up. They were in a van being carried who knows where. A place within the city walls or even a place out of the city wall.

Her mom and sister back home, now probably hundreds of miles away.

She would die the same way her brother and dad did. Being dragged away from her home and never seeing the light again.

"Help!" Ambria screamed trying to break free of the bonds behind her back.

Ambria screamed for help again, and all Ambria heard were mumbles.

There were more people in the van with her.

How many people were trapped just like her?