~Chapter Ten~

Ambria woke in a room covered with a white marbled counter in the corner, white tiled flooring, and a sink. She sat up, which took more work then she was willing to admit.

"Ambria?" Bryce asked, standing up from the chair he was sitting on.

"Yeah?"

Bryce helped her get into a better sitting position.

"Where's everyone else?" Ambria asked, exhausted.

"They only allowed one person in."

"How long was I out?"

"Only a minute or two."

"Good," Ambria said, getting out of the stiff bed.

"No, no, no. Where do you think you are going?" Bryce said, dragging her back to her bed. "You aren't supposed to be leaving until tomorrow morning."

"Why do they care?" Ambria mumbled, "They didn't care when they shot the man. Or the younger kid."

Ambria said, remembering the shots getting fired. The blood. So much blood.

"Hey, it's okay." Bryce said, comforting her.

"No, it's not okay," Ambria said, tears falling down her cheeks. "None of this is okay. Everything is not okay."

Bryce leaned in giving her a hug.

"I..I-" Bryce started, then stopped not knowing what to say. "Why did you care so much when Julia kissed me?"

"I don't know," Ambria replied, swiping the tears away and letting go of Bryce.

"Yeah you do."

"No. I don't."

"Okay, Bryce you can do this." Bryce said, talking to himself and taking a deep breath.

"You talk to yourself?" Ambria asked, as he opened his mouth to say something. He let go of his large inhale and blushed.

"Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I just need expert advice."

"Yeah, some expert you are," Ambria said, sarcastically.

"For your information I am an awesome expert," Bryce said, as Ambria rolled her eyes.

"You were saying?" Ambria said, gesturing her hand to Bryce to continue on.

"Umm..."

Bryce gathered his thoughts and opened his mouth again, then closed it.

"It doesn't matter."

"Yeah it does. It matters to you, I can tell."

"Ehh. Not really."

"Yeah, really."

"That makes no sense." Bryce said.

"I don't care. Just tell me what you were going to say," Ambria demanded, getting annoyed.

"I..I've..." Bryce groaned. "Ugh, why does this have to be so hard?"

Bryce stopped talking, and looked distracted. He just sat there at the edge of Ambria's bed, staring at her.

"Is everything okay?" Ambria asked, after a minute passed.

"What?" Bryce asked, snapping out of his daze.

"Are you okay?" Ambria asked. "You seem to be a little out of it."

"Yeah I am fine, especially when I am with you."

Ambria just sat there in shock as Bryce had realized what he had said.

"I mean...ehh," he started, looking uncomfortable. "Ambria, I've- oh, Ireallylikeyouandhaveforawhile."

"What?" Ambria said, not understanding. Bryce took a deep breath, and took her hand.

"I have had a crush on you since I met you," Bryce said, holding his breath.

"I've-" Ambria started, still in shock.

"I know, you don't feel the same way."

"What are you talking about?" Ambria asked, "I've had a crush on you since I met you too."

"You have?"

"Wow. Everyone told me it was obvious that I had a crush on you."

"Well, I couldn't tell."

They didn't know what to say after that and they just sat there. Bryce squeezed her hand.

"Sooo." Bryce started, urging the conversation forward.

"Sooo."

"What are we supposed to do from here?"

"Umm, I don't know. You're the expert."

"Oh. I guess I am."

Bryce leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers.