Chapter 8: surprises

Mackenzie's POV

"Honey!" My mom yelled from downstairs

"The invitations are here!!" She said excitedly

Basically for my sweet sixteen I went out to Paris for two weeks and my mom was upset.

She wanted to have a huge party and so I guess it's my sweet seventeen now?

Oh well.

I look at the invitation and their really cute with hearts on the side and little pink frills.

"Ready to go dress shopping?" She said

"When?"

"Now!" She said

"Now, as in right this moment?" I asked

"Yes, go put your shoes on!"

I slipped on my flats and she drove fast.

To be honest I wasn't in the mood for anything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We preordered a gold short in the front but long in the back dress.

We went to eat some pizza and then got home.

I ran upstairs and sat on my desk and tried to start my math homework.

I was planning to be a, an actress.

I have no idea if you need to study hard for being an actress but I really don't care, I want to have a good education so in the future it'll be good for me.

Even though I don't understand why we need to know that,

"Oh my gosh! That's a conglomerate rock!! That's a sedimentary rock! Holy fuck!"

Like when would I say that?

Never.

Anyways I decided to take a walk to Gianna's house and later on Mona came over, we didn't do much but when I came home it was a mess.

It smelled like burnt chicken and cheesy lasagna and oil, like what is going on?

I walked into the kitchen and my mom was looking like a complete maniac.

"Mom, what are you doing?" I asked

"Making dinner, Mona and her parents are coming over, Victoria and her parents are coming over, and the Grier's are coming over."

"Of course." I murmured

"What? Anyways can you help me cook?" She asked

"Can't we just order?" I asked

She gave me a are-you-serious look.

"Yes, I'll help."