Chapter 31

Mackenzie's POV

I woke up and got dressed quickly.

Today was prom and nothing could ruin this day, not even Alexa and whatever she was pulling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
School ended and I was so excited to put on my prom dress.

I zipped it on and I put some makeup on.

Concealer, foundation, eyeliner winged out, blush and at the end some powder.

My mom straightens my hair and then I curled with the iron.

I call Hayes and tell him to go outside so we can take prom pictures and pick up Tori and Shawn, Mona and Matt, and go straight to prom.

I walked outside and I saw him in a perfect tux.

He smiled and said,

"God damn beautiful." And kissed my cheek

He put his hands on my waist and I put mine on his neck and he kissed me.

I guess I could say best prom pic ever?

We heard a car pull in and my dad got out.

"You are not going to prom, I will fight in court for you if I have to!" He yelled

He walked inside and Hayes quickly grabbed my hand and we went inside the limo.

We picked up Tori and Shawn and they were very surprised because of course Hayes didn't tell them about the limo.

It was so cute of them dating, I mean Tori absolutely loooooved Shawn and I was so happy for her.

We got Mona and Matthew and they have been together for 2 years their adorable!!!

We got to the school and walked out one by one.

Hayes held my hand as we walked inside.

"You know, I bet I could beat you at dancing." I said

"Funny joke."

"It's not a joke." I said and smirked

The whole school was packed and the dj was super loud.

The song how deep is your love started playing and I walked away from Hayes.

He kept on looking at me but this was time to show him, I can dance.

A lot of girls came to my side and we started shaking our hips and being all cooool.

After the song finished Hayes congratulated me and kissed me.

"Attention! Attention everyone!" We heard the president of student council say

"We will now announce the king and queen of tonight's prom." She said

Alexa flew up on stage and said,

"The prom queen was supposed to me Mackenzie Dallas but it now goes to me because obviously I'm much better than her! And to prove it I'll play this video!" She said and everyone started booing

At that moment I sort of just stood there.

The video started playing and it was a 9 year old me.

Holy fuck.

Oh my god this can't be happening.

"HI EVERYONE IM MACKENZIE DALLAS AND IM IN LOVE WITH HAYES GRIER HE IS SO PERFECT AND ALL I WANT TO DO IS KISS HIM AND HUG HIM AND HES JUST AMAZING OH MY!!-I HAVE DREAMS ABOUT HIM!!-"

I looked at the nearest exit and ran out.

I started walking home but then I heard a lot of people calling my name.

I turned back and I saw so many people.

I started running I didn't want them to laugh at me more.

I took a sharp left and I tripped because of my heels.

Tears poured down. My mascara came pouring out and then someone falls my back.

"Look I can't do this." I shivered

Someone pulled my back and kissed me tugging me at my waist.

We stopped kissing and Hayes was there.

"What are you doing?" He said

"Crying"

"Do you really think I care what a 9 year old Mackenzie Dallas says about me? No because at age 9 fucking years old she loved me and she still loves me I'm so thankful-"

"I just, i was going through such a hard time and I'm sorry if I weirded you out."

"You would never ever weird me out. He said

I looked at the ground.

"Here's your shoe." He said and kissed me