Chapter Twenty-Four

Nico's POV

It was six in the morning and Crista was sound asleep, snuggled up against my chest. She didn't get any nightmares this time. She looked peaceful as ever.

Suddenly, a mist appeared in the middle of the room. It was an Iris message from Chiron.

"Well don't you look comfortable," he said once his face looked clear enough. I looked down and saw that he was talking about me and Crista. "You've become quite attached to each other, haven't you? She looks so peaceful."

"Probably because she's asleep. She'd throw a pillow at you if she were up since you woke her."

"That sounds about right," he said with a small laugh.

"So what made you decide to drop an Iris message at six in the morning on a weekend, Chiron?" I asked.

"Something quite important," he said with a serious expression. "I've been notified that there are quite a number of demi-gods in Manhattan right now."

"There are a lot of demigods in many places, Chiron. How is Manhattan any more special than the rest of the places?"

"It isn't, really, but right now, Manhattan is our top priority."

"And why is that?"

"Because a horde of monsters is coming for your place. There's been an odd amount of demigods close to you. By any chance, are you acquainted with any of them?"

"Marissa's dad has been running some secret demigod music society behind our backs here. All of their students are demigods just like the last time."

He let out a sigh.

"Cristoph often proves to be a pain in the horse ass," he said, massaging his temples. "But he means well. Listen, we've estimated the amount of days you have left until the horde attacks. In about three days or less, they'll reach your destination. It's safe to assume that few or none of those students know how to fight and you, Crista, and Marissa are the strongest ones there right now. You have to fight and get all those kids back here."

Damn...

"I can't make any promises but we'll try our best."

"Try our best at what?" Crista ssked as she turned around, still caged by my arms.

"Good morning," I told her. She turned her head and smiled.

"Good morning," she said back. "Now will someone explain to me what Party Pony is doing so early in the morning in the middle of my room?"

Chiron laughed.

"You've been missed, Crista. You and your sarcasm."

"Why thank you," she said with a smirk.

"Nico will explain everything to you later, I still have important matters to attend to. Please do take care. And Nico?"

"Yep?" I asked.

"Make sure not a single Crista bomb goes off."

"Will do."

The Iris message faded and we were left in silence, well, at least until Crista's curiosity tugged at her leg.

"What the mother father fudge is going on?" she asked.
_________________________________________
Crista's POV

We packed up some of the weapons I had stocked in my house, some clothes and medicinal supplies, and got ready to leave for camp. Nico gathered the pups while I called Marissa.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Yeah, hey, WHEN THE FUDGEBALLS WAS YOUR DAD GONNA TELL US HE WAS RUNNING A MINI CAMP HALF BLOOD?!"