Chapter Eight

Surprisingly, we survived. We made it to Long Island without any of the kids dying. But they DID scream like wimps once they saw a few monsters on the way. And who did all the killing?!

Me of course.

I enjoyed it anyways.

"I love camp already," Marissa said once she saw some of the Aphrodite guys. I rolled my eyes and took the group to Chiron who looked entertained, seeing me look tortured and all. I glared at him for making me go through all that shizz but he just freaking chuckled. Too bad I don't have the authority to wipe it off his face.

"Greetings," Chiron said. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. I assume Crista already gave you a summary of the life of a half blood?"

"Actually, she just gave her own perspective," Chase said with a smile. Chiron smiled as well.

"She did great on her job to scare you girls," he said and all the girls had their jaws on the floor.

"She did WHAT?!" Marissa said. I raised my hands in defense.

"I wasn't making it up though. It all came from experience since I have a tougher position among the rest of the half blood population."

"Your an Athena kid, how can you have a tougher position?" Tier asked.

"I haven't exactly explained that to you guys, huh? Or even the whole camp... Which reminds me, Chiron, where's Annabeth?" I asked and he shook his head.

"She left with Jason, Piper, and Leo to look for Percy and fulfill the prophecy of seven people." Oh right, I forgot about that...

"Oh okay... WAIT WHAT!" I yelled.

"By Percy, do you mean Percy Jackson?" I asked and Chiron nodded. "Percy Jackson as in weird blue food loving guy?" He nodded again. "Percy Jackson as in my neighbour?!"

"He's your neighbour??" I nodded and he looked surprised.

"Whoa, let me get this straight. Percy Jackson is Annabeth's boyfriend?" I asked and Chiron nodded his head.

I can't believe I'm finding out about this just now.

"I do believe they're also trying to save Nico who is said to be trapped in some jar."

I couldn't help but ask.

"Nico?"

"Yes, Nico di Angelo."

Everything came crashing down. All the walls I set up to stop my heart aching, they all came crashing down. The pain of being left by the people you thought of as family surged once again. I thought, after all this time, if I would hear their names again, I'd be invulnerable. It turns out, I'm not.

"I uhh, I need to go get some air," I said and left without turning back. I walked to the end of camp, just by the borders.

"I can't believe this," I muttered as I brought out my swords, observing its intricate designs.

My power could surge through these swords however way I wish. They were the extensions of my arms, like how any other sword is to its owner. I could stretch electricity through these, lead water, or get it to burst flames. What I hate about these swords is that they couldn't extend my pain. They can't end the suffering of having to live a shameful life.

Well they could, but suicide isn't on my list of things I want to do.

I set my swords down and sighed as I sat on the grass. I was tired. I was frustrated.

I was terrified.

The thought of seeing the di Angelos again was too scary for me. Is it the pain? Is it the guilt? I'm suddenly blaming my bladder for making me leave them. Weird, but it makes sense to me. Well, I can't blame something connected to the natural needs of the human body. Its the way of Mother Earth....

Great, now I'm blaming Gaia. What is wrong with me.

I closes my eyes and sighed.

"Crista?" I heard Chiron's voice call out followed by a horse's footsteps.

"Yo?" I said, opening my eyes as I turned around.

"Rachel told me about your connection to the di Angelos."

"That girl really knows everything, huh."

"Just you and the prophecies. You're something too important to lose. You're even much more valued than the prophecies." I chuckled. Its nice to know you're more important than rhymes that would predict the state of the world... sort of.

"I'll let you go your way," Chiron said. "If you want to go look for him then go ahead. But you should know something important."

"What's that?"

"Bianca di Angelo is no longer with us."

No longer with them?

"What do you mean?"

"She's dead." My heart stopped. Bianca is dead. I couldn't believe what was happening today. Sorrow seeped into me and my heart felt heavy.

"The two used to stay with us and they went on a quest. They came back without Bianca. She died a hero's death."

"Then she is at peace," I said as I stood up at full length, my swords now in my hands. Chiron nodded and I sighed.

"What happened to Nico after that?"

"He changed completely, much like how you changed after they disappeared."

I smirked.

"You should also know that they are the children of Hades."

Wow... I never really thought the Big Three would have so many kids. Me, Percy, Nico and Bianca. Oh, I should count Jason too. Man do those gods move fast.

"So what's your plan?" Chiron asked.

"I'm going to do what I have to do here and that's to train the noobs. If a prophecy involving children of the Big Three, Hera, and the Roman Camp has been foretold, then something big is coming. I'll do my part then leave for the Roman Camp. I can't sit idly by knowing that Hera is up to something messed up."

Chiron smiled.

"You truly are a child if many things. I do have another question though."

"What's that?"

"When are you going to show your true self to camp?"