Chapter Twelve

I had the best yet the most horrible dream ever.

I was standing in the middle of the woods with my two swords in my hands. There was fire everywhere. Suddenly, the scene changed and I was in front of a fork in the road. I turned around and saw another fork. Yup, I was in the middle of crossroads. Suddenly, everything went black then I saw myself on an unfamiliar looking bed. 

I didn't know where I was. All I could see was ambrosia and nectar, a few columns in the walls, some statues, and some dude who had his back towards me. He had black wavy hair and pale skin. He looked familiar, at the same time, like a total stranger, probably because he is one. He slowly turned and I woke with a start.

"Nico..." I muttered under my breath. 

________________________________________________________________

I sighed as I leaned back on my chair. We were at the hall, eating breakfast. Obviously, the atmosphere was tense due to the possible end of the camp and stuff. I was in charge of a lot of things, so there's extra weight on my shoulders, but I'm not close to belittling the role of others.

"Crista?" Chase said, looking a bit worried. "Are you alright? You've been acting strange lately."

"By lately, you mean this morning," I said sarcastically. "And I'm fine, thanks." I stood up and left. Chiron knew better than stopping me. I walked and walked until I reached the camp's barrier, or more like where it's supposed to be. I sighed and walked back to the hall.

"Crista," Marissa said once she saw me. "I had some weird dream last night and I really need to talk to you about it," she told me.

"You're not the only one who had a weird dream last night. Anyways, mine is irrelevant. Let's hear it."

Yeah, irrelevant. Is that really how it was? Finding Nico was nothing but a side quest in a game? It was mean of me to say, but honestly, I knew there were more important things than my own selfish wishes.

"Well?" I asked as we sat down on some isolated part of the woods.

"Well, we were moving towards Rome. I don't know why, but we were being pushed by a horde of monsters. There were millions of them and only three of us. Crista, you were horribly injured. I'm not sure but you were close to death and stuff and-"

Marissa was shaking and I sighed and gave her a pat on the back. That's all that I could manage with how irritable I was feeling. 

"Look, I was only CLOSE to death, not dead. That's good. Now, I think we should just be careful with our decisions. We'll be at a crossroads soon, and I'm not sure I'll know what to do. Either ways, if we'll be moving to Rome, there has to be a reason behind it. And if there's a horde, well, I'll just have to work on my killing skills," I said with the best smirk I could manage.

Dealing with a horde of monsters was fine. What I didn't want was the scars and wounds. Blood would mess up my clothes, so yeah.

"CRISTA!!!" Chase yelled, running towards us.

"Dude, what's got your boxers in a twist?"

"MONSTERS OVER BY THE BARRIER! THEY'LL BE HERE IN MINUTES!" My eyes went wide.

"Tell me," I said. "Does it look like a million?" I asked. He nodded.

"Crista, what do we do?" Marissa said, panic in her eyes. I sighed.

"Gods, I know you probably hate me for being super rebellious against you and your godly decisions and such but do this for me and for all the metal songs and artists in the world. Make me monster food worthy," I said and their eyes went wide.