Chapter Six

"Take care, Crista!!!" the Athena Cabin yelled out tome. I haven't seen Athena the whole day yesterday. I haven't seen Athena since the day I was supposed to leave for Camp but here she is now, seeing me and Chase off.

"Are you ready?" Chase asked and I looked at him skeptically. "I'll take that as a yes." And with that, we started walking away until Chiron called for us one last time. 

"Why don't you take a vacation?" he asked and I smiled... inwardly.

"Chase?" I asked and saw his face.

"I don't exactly have anywhere to stay in Manhattan," he murmured.

"Well, that IS a problem," Chiron said and an idea popped into my head... One that I might regret.

"You can stay with me," I said bluntly and a smile crawled up to Chase's lips. "Really?" he asked and I hesitantly nodded. "Well than get going," Chiron said with a smile and with that, we set off.... This time, without interruptions.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Things went pretty good. We only ran into a few monsters. We hipped trains (we paid by the way) and hailed a few cabs here and there. We arrived at Manhattan in two and a half days. It could have taken us a mere four hours but there were interruptions everywhere. 

"So where are we staying?" Chase asked us as we walked down the street. I went straight for the Jackson household with Chase on my tail. I rang the doorbell and seconds later, Ms. Jackson appeared with my dog in her arms. 

"CRISTA!" she yelled and put my dog, Lucky, down and gave me a big hug. "Oh please, come in!" she said with ecstasy. I pulled Chase by the arm and dragged him into the living room.

"Is this a friend of yours?" Ms. Jackson asked and I rolled my eyes. "More like an acquaintance. Chase, this is my neighbour, Ms. Jackson."

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Jackson," Chase said with his usual billion-watt smile."Nice to meet you too," Ms. Jackson answered with a smile as well. "And please, both of you, just call me Sally."

"So you live near here" Chase asked me. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "It's only rental..." Ms. Ja- I mean Sally laughed and said "she owns a mansion!"

"No I don't," I argued and Sally laughed. People are just so cheery these days. It makes me more depressed than I already am. "You'll see for yourself, Chase," she said to Chase with a smile.

"We just came for something important," I said. "Something for camp?" Sally asked, grabbing my attention. "Have you seen Percy yet? Is he with you?"

"W-wait... what does Percy have to do with camp?" I asked. "You don't know yet?" Sally said, her brows rising. I shook my head.

"Oh, nevermind. Anyways, are you staying long?" Sally asked and I shook my head again. "I actually came here to ask a really important favor, can you take care of Lucky for a little while longer?"

"Oh, of course!" she said with a smile and I sighed, relieved. "Thanks a million," I said.

"Well, would you like to stay for lunch?" Sally asked but Chase and I shook our heads. I let him talk this time.

"We actually have something important to do but thank you for the offer," said Chase. Sally smiled and nodded. 

"We'll take our leave now."

We waved and left. I tuned left out the door and stopped in front of my apartment.

"It really is a mansion," Chase muttered and I rolled my eyes. "Shut up and get in," I said, punching my code into the electric lock but then...