Chapter Thirteen

I couldn't see anything but the color black, I felt hot and there was this searing pain in my ankle. Was I dreaming? There was someone calling out for me.

"Hey, you're finally awake." 

My eyes were open but I couldn't see a thing. I started to panic. I tried to move but I couldn't. My entire body felt numb. 

"H-hey, calm down," the voice said once again. I tried blinking hard and a little while later, I was starting to see some light, except everything was really blurry. That was all I saw - blurry light.

"You alright?" someone asked me. I tried to look around but saw nothing but a figure. I started to panic a bit more. What else could I do in my vulnerable state? Well, it was useless anyways. I couldn't move. My body felt heavy and numb. I couldn't lift a finger. 

"You can't move yet. Can you speak?" I opened my mouth to talk but it felt dry. "Oh crap, here, have some water."

The guy helped me up. I felt like some lifeless puppet in his arms. He sat me up and then I felt something cold against my lips. It was a glass. I drank the water in it, not even caring if there was poison in it or whatever. I was thirsty.

"Can you speak now?"

I opened my mouth once again. My voice was strained but clear.

"W-where am I?" I asked. There were more questions in my head. What happened to the horde of monsters? What happened to camp? Did Marissa and Chase make it back alive? Were the seven still alive?

"You're at my place," the guy said. "Well, it isn't exactly a place. Let's just say you're at a beach house located on an undiscovered part of Long Island and it's really really really far from Camp Half-Blood. I didn't mean that in some sort of way wherein I'm taking you hostage or anything-"

"You know about Camp Half-Blood?" I asked. I guess I'm not in the hands of a mere mortal. Thank the gods. 

"Yeah, I'm a half-blood just like you. I'm-"

"Don't tell me your name," I interrupted. "Why not?" the guy asked.

"Reasons."

He kept silent for a while. I guess he understood to shut up.

"Well, may I at least know your name?" he asked and I smiled to myself. "Crista."

"Got a last name?"

"I lost the privilege of having one once I went berzerk." I heard him chuckle.

"So, Crista, what do you remember, you know, before passing out?" the guy asked. "Well long story short, I was at the woods fighting off a bunch of monsters then I released some sort of light then poof, here I am." He chuckled once again.

That's how it went down every single day. I couldn't move much and I was still slightly blind but my sight got better by the time. I got to know my savior a bit more. He had black hair and pale looking skin. He had a bit of a raspy and mature voice though he was just my age. I refused to find out who his godly parent was, considering that such knowledge could just be my end. 

One certain day came when I did something I haven't done for a while. It was a fine day, or at least I think it was. With my blurry eyesight, all I could comprehend was a clear blue sky.

By that time, I was able to move on my own, though I was still a bit weak. My savior and I sat out on the beach as I tried to catch up on some vitamin D.

"Crista," my savior told me. "It's been a month and I've been wondering... Why don't you want to know my name?"

I took in a huge gulp of breath and thought to myself - was I ready to admit what I was scared to admit to myself? Me being in this sentimental mode isn't really normal but... this was something I was gonna have to face sooner or later.

"If you tell me your name, I'll remember it. Then someday, you're gonna have to leave me and I'll never get you off my mind and it'll haunt me for the rest of my life like all the other people who left me... no homo feels."

There was a momentary silence. 

"Then I'll come back for you," my savior said as he wiped the tears I didn't know were falling down my eyes. His skin was cold, yet familiar. "You know, you remind me of someone I used to know, I just can't remember who."

"You see?! You'll forget me someday too!" I yelled and he laughed in a playful matter.

"Nonetheless, I remember her, somehow. I don't remember her clearly but she's still there in the back of my mind, so technically, I still remember her... if that even makes sense."

I looked down... or more like just bowed my head since I couldn't see much. Yes, I was crying. I could feel my tears drop onto my thighs. Great. Just so damn great.

"I hate you for making me cry," I muttered as I cupped my face in my hands. 

"H-hey! That was the first actual girly thing you said the entire time.... No need to cry," he told me as he wrapped me in a hug. His touch was cold but his embrace was warm. Perhaps it was all because I've been staying with him for a month. His presence has become familiar...

Though it was already familiar right from the start.