Chapter Nine

It was time for, yet again, another camp fire. The only reason these people like these stuff is the free food. Unless you're an Apollo kid - then its gonna have to be the music.

I was pretty beat though. The whole day, I gave the girls a tour if camp - a satyr's job for god's sake. We spent more than an hour at the workshop looking for the best weapon the girls saw fit, about half an hour at the archery (the girls were busy gawking at the Aphrodite guys), and nearly three hours at the cabins and Grand Hall.

"You're looking pretty haggard," Chase said, sitting down beside me. He held out a hair tie and I took it with a small grunt, tying my hair into a messy bun.

"The non-stop squealing and sighing got to me," I said and he chuckled, showing his million watt smile. "You're doing great though," he said. "Better than I expected, actually."

"What was that supposed to mean?"

"Don't get it wrong. You just didn't look like the baby sitter type."

He was definitely right about that.

"Crista," Chiron called out and everyone went silent. Some of the people were looking at me while the others were making sure they did the exact opposite.

"What's going on?" Chase asked. "You'll see."

"They've been asking questions ever since you left, you know," Chiron said with a wink.

I took a deep breath and started with my claiming symbol - Athena's symbol with all the other symbols of the major gods surrounding it.

"I suppose proper introduction should set you guys straight," I said then all eyes went on me. You could tell that they were very interested in the mystery of the kid who acted strangely.

"I'm Crista Sorrento, child of Athena. When I was a kid, I nearly died but then I was shown mercy by the gods and they gave me their powers, like some gift. So basically, I have all the abilities of every major god. You don't really need to know the rest of the story since its a bit personal."

Huh. I actually said that without any elevations in my voice... Di immortales...

I'm being tamed!

I suddenly felt something horrible in the pit of my stomach. Tonight, just for tonight, I have to hold on. Then comes tomorrow and I'll be on a killing spree.

"Oh... My... Gods..." Marissa said. Spoken like a true half blood.

"I can't believe you never told me about this!!" she yelled. Such a drama queen. "After all this time!"

"Marissa, you found out I was a half blood just weeks ago. That's not a really long period of time. Besides, it could have put you in danger."

Havoc ran through the camp. Girls were freaking out and boys... Well, they were being boys with their jaws on the ground and all that. I sighed.

"Whoa hold up. Prove it!" one of the Hermes kids said and I rolled my eyes. By the second, lightning and thunder started crashing down on camp. The fire in the middle of the place got bigger and its color turned into a dark purple. Water from the campers' cups rose and joined, circling me. Skeletons rose from behind me, scaring the freak out of everyone.

"Is this proof enough for you?" I asked and everyone went silent. I dropped the water, stopped the lightning, and calmed the fire.

"That was seriously awesome..." Chase muttered and I rolled my eyes.

"Indeed it was," Chiron said. "Now you all have something to think of. Go on now, your curfew is just a few minutes away."

Everyone left in total shock. I smirked then faced Chiron.