Chapter Fifteen

Nico di Angelo.

THE freaking Nico di Angelo.

Nico the freaking di Angelo.

"Crista?" Chiron muttered. "Are you alright?" he asked.

"I'm just... trying to sort things out in my head," I said.

"Nico, could you give us a moment?" Nico nodded and left the room.

"What the Hades, Party Pony?!" I half yelled, suddenly sitting up but then a wave of nausea hit me.

"Careful," Chiron said, laying me back down on the bed. "The medicine is still taking effect so you might be facing headaches in the next few days but it'll wear off. In the meantime, we have to talk."

"Heck yeah we have to talk," I said with a grunt. "How the hell did he get here?" I asked.

"Aren't you glad to see him?" Chiron asked.

"Well sure I am but HOW THE HELL?!"

"Perhaps you could not tell since you were practically blind then but you are the one who brought him here."

...

...

...

"Say what now?" I asked.

"You're the one who brought him back."

"That's not possible. What, it just so happened that the awesome guy who saved me while I was unconscious in the forest was Nico? It just so happened that the dude who took me to his cabin by the sea and fed me for weeks and healed me and took care of me like some goddamned sick girlfriend was Nico? Yeah I don't think so!"

"Crista calm down," Chiron said, trying hard not to laugh. "But did it really feel like you were his girlfriend?

"Forget the comparison, Party Pony."

"Well, going back to the topic at hand, he seems to have no memory of you."

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"He doesn't remember you, Crista. He never mentioned it. And I think it's better that you let him do the remembering."

I sighed. I felt a sudden headache coming on and I can tell that Chiron knew.

"Why don't you get some more rest. Nico will be bringing you a meal since you haven't had a single meal for three days."

"I can take care of myself, Chiron. I don't need someone looking over me, especially if it's the dude that I've been trying to forget for years because of the massive pain in the butt he's given me. He doesn't even remember me, for Hades' sake!"

"That's the thing," Chiron said. "You don't have a choice. He himself insisted that he be the one to take care of you. I kept telling him that he could take shifts with the other kids here but he refused. He wouldn't leave your side."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"He may not remember you but that does not mean the Fates are against you. Think of it as a string tied to the two of you. "

I rolled my eyes. All these was giving me a headache. And to top it off, Nico entered the room with a tray in his hands. On it was a plat of steak, some water, ambrosia, and nectar.

"Here," he said, setting it down in on the bed in front of me.

"I don't suppose you have to be spoon fed?" Chiron asked with a smirk.

"Knock it off, Party Pony," I said. "Worry about your camp. By the way, how is camp?"

"Well your plan was a success even though it didn't go the way you planned."