Starlight, Starbright.

[Outerswap Sans x Reader]

Also known as "Number The Stars [REWRITTEN]"

Only my older readers remember the old version.

Anyways, have fun with our star boy!

[Picture by absurdmageart on tumblr.] - Crediting art is good for your soul children.

~⭐~

The stars gleamed and sparkled as  you looked up at them from the hill you were sitting on. It'd been a year since you rescued monsters from deep space and brought them back to Earth, and you lived with the skeleton brothers in their cozy space-decorated cabin. You knew how much Sans loved the wonderful landscapes your home had to offer, and Papyrus mostly just enjoyed the sunsets. It was nice, the skeletons were your best friends, you couldn't wish for a world without them.

Speaking of skeletons, your inner thoughts were interrupted by Sans coming over and sitting by you.

"Human what are you doing out here? Should you not be getting some sleep?" The shorter bluish purple scarved skeleton asked you. You simply smiled at him, looking up at the sky.

"I thought I asked you to call me by my name, Sans. (Y/N), remember?"

Sans lightly blushed out of embarrassment, realizing his mistake.
"Forgive me Hu-(Y/N)-"

"Don't worry about it. Anyways, I would be sleeping, but the stars are beautiful tonight." You said, interrupting him.

Sans looked up at the sky as well, tilting his head.
"They're the same stars I have looked at all my life back in space.. they are rather lovely tonight though."

You smiled, happily reaching out your hand to softly pat the little skeleton's skull. He let out a small 'mweh' of embarrassment, causing you to retract your hand in acknowledgement.

He took a second to compose himself, and as he did, Sans looked at you again.
"(Y/N)? Could I tell you something?" He mumbled softly.

"You can tell me anything, Sans."

"I-It's something very important.."

"I understand, what is it-?"

The skeleton's face gained a light blue hue across his round little cheeks. He lightly tapped his gloved hands together as he sighed.

"(Y/N).. over the few years we have been friends, I have appeared to have gained.. feelings.." He explained, mumbling softly, which was a contrast to his usual loud and overjoyed speaking.

You tilted your head a little, nodding slightly.
"Like..?"

He shakily let out a deep sigh, averting his gaze, now looking at the grass beneath.
"F-Feelings like.. admirement I suppose.. I.. I really.. uhm.."

"Hmh?"

He slightly puffed out his round freckled cheeks that were caked in cyan blush, seeming to have taken a metaphorical weight off his back.
"W-Well human- err- (Y/N), I, Sans the Magnificent, have gained a crush on you! Accept my feelings at once!"

"Sure."

"Mwehehe!- wait what did you say?"

"I said sure. I accept your feelings Sans." You said, sitting up and putting your hands on the small skele's cheeks. He had that blush on his face once more as you pecked him on the bridge of his nose. He slightly 'mweh'ed again, hiding his face in your chest slightly with a tight hug.

"Awh. Is Sans the Magnificent embarrassed?"

"SANS THE MAGNIFICENT DOES NOT GET EMBARRASSED!" The skeleton protested loudly.

You just softly giggled and pecked him on the head.

~⭐~Bonus~⭐~

Sans suddenly flinched at the flash of a camera in his peripheral vision. The two of you looked over and saw Papyrus with his phone.
"Whoops."

"PAPYRUS! YOU WILL DELETE THAT AT ONCE!" The small skeleton said, running out of your arms to chase after his little brother, leaving you just giggling softly.

~⭐~End.~⭐~