𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐔𝐒𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐃, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐍, 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒. "Do you understand the concept of stepsisters?" Taylor Fier asked a bit uncomfortable as she raised an eyebrow at Mad Thomas.

"I can see everything," Thomas said, getting dangerously close to the twins. "I see all the dark secrets in Union," Thomas said, making the twins scoff.

"You must be busy," Sarah FIer said sarcastically as she pushed Thomas out of their way, but Thomas put his arms around their neck, pulling them closer to him.

"I see the darkness in both of you, my dear stepsisters!" Thomas said, Taylor pushed him off, watching him in disbelief and with an unsteady breath.

"Be still, Thomas!" Taylor yelled at him, pointing at him, him laughing as they both continued their walk, making sure that Thomas wasn't following them.

"Beware, Fier sisters." They ignored Thomas as they continued their walk.

They finally went through the woods, sighing with relief as they started admiring the birds chirping as well as the clear lake. They watched their steps as they walked through some rocks, trying not to fall into their probable death. They finally got to Solomon Goode's house, eyeing the graves of his dead wife and son.

"Solomon!" Sarah yelled at him, catching his attention.

"Sarah and Taylor Fier," Solomon said, as the sisters passed the graves and entered the house, before taking out the piglet, making Solomon's eyes widen. "This is madness, Taylor and Sarah," Solomon said in disbelief as he grabbed the piglet, him squealing. "It's too much. I can't accept it."

"Just think of it as your future wife's dowry. We didn't go all the way here for you to not accept the little piglet." Taylor said, who had her back into the house wall.

"Future wife?" Solomon asked confusedly as he looked at the brunette.

"We're practically married. Haven't you heard?" Taylor said as she crossed her arms.

"Well, in that case, tell your mother this isn't nearly worth it."

"Well obviously it isn't, I am not nearly worth a piglet, Solomon," Taylor said, looking at the older men with her eyebrows furrowed, Sarah laughed as she shook her head, Solomon joining her laugh.

"I know, Taylor, you are worth more than that. But thank you, truly." Solomon said with a smile towards Taylor, who smiled back at Solomon with a glint of excitement in her blue eyes. Sure, she does like Amelia, but she thinks that Solomon would be a good husband, but she still wouldn't marry him.

"Of course. Shadows fall on us all now and then." Sarah said while Solomon put the pig in another place for later to come back in a split second.

"My, uh... My brother wants me to give up." Solomon said, grabbing some tools, it caught the attention of the twins as Taylor walked towards Sarah. "Move back to the settlement," Solomon said, putting the tools in another place.

"Oh, don't do that. The settlement is tiresome. At least you have the peace." Taylor said, shrugging, trying to lighten the mood, which she did, Sarah and Solomon laughed at Taylor's insult towards the settlement.

"He says the Goode family are not farmers. But their lands are fertile. I know it." Solomon said, the twins smiled to themselves. "We'll have a healthy crop yet. The sun will shine on us." Solomon said, not giving up on his lands.

"And it will, but you ought to rest some," Sarah said, worried by Solomon's health.

"You look like death," Taylor said, looking more carefully at Solomon's tired expression.

"Sarah and Taylor Fier, flattering as ever," Solomon said sarcastically, earning a laugh from the twin.

"Yeah, I hear that a lot," Taylor said, shrugging, with a type of confidence in her voice, Solomon shook his head laughing as well as Sarah.

"Well, we're going to lose light," Sarah said, making some signals to Taylor, who understood immediately. "We should go."

"Full moon rises before nightfall," Solomon said, Taylor and Sarah shared a look with widened eyes, showing Solomon what he wanted to know. "You know nothing good comes from those woods after sundown," Solomon said, making both girls sigh sarcastically.

"You sound like our mother," Sarah said, smirking.

"So, you both are going?" Solomon asked, out of curiosity, but he already knew the answer.

"Going where? Do you know what he's talking about, Taylor?" Sarah asked, faking cluelessness.

"No, probably he has already gone crack-brained because of his fertile lands." Taylor joked, before linking her arm with Sarah's and saying their goodbyes to Solomon.