𝐱𝐥. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐎, 𝐓𝐑𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄.

"Brother! What's happening?" Solomon Goode asked his brother, Elijah Goode.

"The pastor. He's locked the children in the Meeting House. A dozen at least."

"Florence! Where is Florence?!" They yelled at their older sister, who didn't seem to notice their screams as the oldest took it as another of the many screams. They both sprinted their way through the crowd again, trying to get to Emmeline Fier, to see if Florence Fier was there if Flo wasn't inside of there.

They couldn't get past that crowd; their sister was still far away from them. Their attention went to the grunts of men trying to push open the door, the twins shared a look before going towards there, seeing the men trying to open the door with their bodies.

"Keep everyone back," Solomon ordered Elijah after they finally opened the door.

"Solomon, wait!" Sarah Fier exclaimed, trying to go with Solomon, but he only grabbed something besides the door before disappearing inside, making the twins try to push the men away as well as the other mothers and sisters.

After a lot of pushes, the crowd got in, the door crashing open as everyone entered the Meeting House, trying to find their respected daughters or sisters or brothers. Amelia Wright sprinted her way towards her brother, Henry Wright, while the other three and their mother looked for Florence, Abbi and Emma finding them.

The other three of them stood frozen as they saw Florence, without her eyes, Emma yelled as tears formed in her eyes, her yell turned into a cry in a matter of seconds. "Florence! Florence! Come on! Florence!" Emma yelled as tears rolled down her eyes as well as the other Fier members. "Please! You can't die! Not now! Please!" Emma yelled, putting her hands and head in Florence's lap, she failed to see Constance and Florence's linked hands so when Abbi hugged her sister, she pushed Florence to the ground. "Florence!" She yelled again, now looking at the linked hands and at the white rose that was in the grip of her dead sister.

Emma looked up at Mad Thomas, who was looking at her dead sister with widened eyes, she looked then at the twins and her mother, whose tears were already rolling down their cheeks.

"Amelia..." Taylor Fier whispered as she saw how Pastor Cyrus Miller came closer to her, she quickly grabbed Solomon's tool in her hands, stabbing Cyrus with it in his head, making him lose his head as he fell to the ground. Taylor screamed as she saw Cyrus's head on the tool, her hand losing grip of the tool as she cried, finding comfort in her mother's arms as the Miller family went to the Pastor.

The screams of Mad Thomas and Elijah Goode feel like whispers to the Fier's ears, the only thing in their minds being Florence without her beautiful eyes.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃, 𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐃 𝐘𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆. She just wanted to wake up from this nightmare, being woken up by her sister, Florence Fier and this was just a mere dream, but that won't happen, and she knew that.

"Hear ye! Hear ye! Good people of Union, listen! There is a dark and evil force at work here. If we are ever to end this misery... then we must root out the guilty. We must —" Jakob Berman said, being interrupted by Solomon Goode.

"Jakob! Please, Goodman Berman! The man responsible is dead. Pastor Miller —" Solomon tried to reason, to make them see that they weren't an evil force, but he got interrupted.

"The pastor... Our pastor was a man of God. And this was not him! He was possessed by darkness. My child, my dear Constance, and many others... are dead. Our futures... many of our entire bloodlines have been stolen from us. Someone must pay!" Jakob yelled, earning a yell of agreement from men, while the others looked uncomfortable by all of this.

"I saw some little lambs from our town..." Mad Thomas said, Emmeline Fier and Abigal Berman shared a look that, worried, while the other four outside were also sharing a look. "Laughing, dallying on the full moon last!" Thomas said, making Emma glare at him a bit.

"There were some of us in the woods, but there was no... We drank Apple Jack. We danced. We are young. That is not a crime!" Isaac Kalivoda tried to reason, but the only thing he got was the accusation that he sinned.

"Look upon your children! For they will bear the Devil's mark!" The teenagers shared a look, scared, but Emma knew that her mother wouldn't do such a thing, she doubted that the blonde was going to fall from some silly Devil mark.

"Yes, witchcraft. But just as my sister-in-law Taylor heroically expelled the darkness among us by killing our afflicted pastor, we too will punish and surmount this evil!" Taylor Fier made a disgusted grimace at the sister-in-law part, she didn't want to be seen as some type of hero, she just saved the one she loved. "As survivors, our faces will always remain toward the sun."

"I traced it on my patrol! This scourge centers on Union proper. I've searched the woods. It does not extend beyond the settlement. It's here! It's in Union! We are being punished, and I have a list of names!"

"This is just disgraceful!" Emma yelled in disgust, catching everyone's attention, counting the four outsides, as she stood up. "Look at yourself! Blaming on people that had nothing to do with this! Blaming everyone you hate is not going to bring your kids back... My dear sister died too, but I'm not blaming it on everyone in the settlement. I have other sisters too, and even though I miss my sister, I won't be blaming and resenting someone. A few of you have other children, why focus on the ones that are dead? Focus on the ones that aren't, because who knows? They will probably die soon." Emma said, taking out of her anger to the crowd as tears rolled down her cheeks. She stormed outside the church, being followed by Lizzie Schmidt, Isaac, and Abbi.

"Emmeline's right! Speculation! Chasing shadows! Imagined curses!" Solomon yelled, standing up backing up Emma, who entered her house harshly. Taylor smiled at Solomon, who backed up her older sister. "I ask... Do you have proof?" He asked the watchman, who looked away from Solomon's gaze. "No. Or you?" Solomon asked Thomas, who scoffed at the question, he didn't have proof. "Or any of you?"

"I have proof!"

Author's note
We could agree that if it wasn't for Caleb (mainly Solomon), Sarah and Hannah will be happy :(