CHAPTER 1

PS. I'm a Tamilian who only knows a very little bit of Hindi, so my story will mostly be in english. Kindly forgive :p

Raghav was working in his den. He had a lot of quotations to submit and he was under a lot of pressure. Hours ticked by, with Raghav relentlessly working. And all of a sudden, there was a knock on the door and he quite literally jumped. He was frustrated, He TOLD everyone not to disturb him. "Kaun hai?" he shouted. "Raghav?" a timid voice answered him. And there. All his frustration, all his anger and stress just melted away. "Come in" he said grudgingly although he felt warm and happy. 

She walked in, wearing a night gown. She was so simple yet so beautiful. Raghav could stare at her all day and still not get bored. She looked back at him, with worry and - longing? Raghav was not sure. How could it be longing though? He was in his study for only a few hours, and besides, Raghav wasn't even sure if Pallavi liked him in that way. "It's literally 2am. What are u even doing?" Pallavi asked, breaking him out of his reverie. "Mujhe toh bohot kaam hai. tum kya kar rahi ho?" She sat in a chair next to him and said, "nahi vo neendh nahi aa rahi thi aur vahan bore ho rahi thi isliye tumhe dekhne aah chali". He looked at her mischievously  "Acha! Har raath ithni jaldi so jaathi ho. Aaj kya hua? Mujhe miss kar raha thaa na?" She put up her 'what nonsense' face. Raghav secretly thought she looked cute in it. "Oh please. I have work every other day. Thak jaathi hoon aur jaldi sothi hoon. aaj tho koi kaam he nahi tha. Aur mujhe lag raha tha ke tumne mere ko miss kiya isliye yaha aayi." Raghav smiled mockingly and went on with his work. Both of them always teased each other of liking one another.  But off late, he began wondering. Was it true? Did he really start developing feelings for her? Never in his life did he think that he would fall in love with a girl. That was just another relationship that he would be responsible for, that he had to maintain and he didn't want that. But with Pallavi, he didn't feel the pressure of responsibility. He just knew what he had to do and he did that, and it always seemed to be enough. As for maintaining it, there was no real need. They both understood each other that way.

After a while, Pallavi fell asleep on his shoulder. He smiled to himself and tucked her hair behind her ears. "What are you doing to me, Saree Ka Dukaan?" He asked silently. 

Ik my hindi was super bad. Please bear with me and help me improve. I hope you liked the story so far, please do let me know your opinions . Thank you for reading!