CHAPTER 19

"Good morning, beautiful"  Raghav kissed Pallavi's head, and was about to leave the bed, but Pallavi lazily pulled him back. 

"Don't go" she said, sleepily.

"I have a meeting.." Raghav replied doubtfully.

She didn't reply. Raghav immediately went to her, putting his muscular arm around her waist. He kissed the crook of her neck, and Pallavi squirmed. "Raghav you're tickling me" she said lazily. But he continued placing kisses all around her neck, so Pallavi turned, and kissed him to make him stop. "Sleep with me, don't kiss me" she said, closing her eyes.

Raghav didn't reply. Pallavi's eyes flew open, and she kissed Raghav. She got on top of him, placing little kisses on his beard and neck. Without warning, she bit his earlobe, making him moan. 

Pallavi stopped kissing him. Still sitting on him, she let her night gown slip over her shoulder. "Still wanna go to the meeting?" She whispered. Raghav pinned her to the bed, and got on top of her now. "Hate how much power you have over me." He said roughly. 

*

"Krishna, we'll leave together. It's already late. Come on" Pallavi said. 

"Nahi didi, mujhe abhi thoda kaam baaki hai. Aap jao, me dekh loongi." 

"Teek hai. Call me once you reach, okay?" Pallavi said. 

She rode to her house. About fifteen minutes later, she found an old lady standing on the side of the road. She asked her if she wanted any help, but the lady said, no thank you, so she continued. 

She realized she took the wrong turn, so she quickly went back to the road. But the lady was nowhere to be found. That was odd, she was here just a minute ago. Pallavi looked everywhere, but she couldn't find her anywhere.

Suddenly, Viraj kidnapping her the day before, him threatening her long ago, everything came back to her. She was afraid of anything and everything, and constantly felt like someone was watching her.

Not wanting to be caught once more, she rode to her house as fast as possible, looking back multiple times, fearing that someone was behind her.

She was almost home. She looked back, for one last time then - WHAM! Something hit her scooty hard, and she fell along with it. She looked up. A tall man exited from the car, and came close to her.

She scooted back as fast as she could. "Leave me alone! My house is right there, Raghav will come for you if you try to do anything to me!" She screamed, keeping her eyes closed.

When she opened her eyes, that man was kneeling beside her, worry written all over his face. "Shhh. Calm down. I won't do anything to you. Okay? Get up, slowly." He said gently, giving her his hand. Pallavi just knew she trusted this man. His voice was soothing and calm. Looking into his eyes blindly, she held his arm, and he made her stand up. 

"Good. Now, I'll lift your bike for you, You can hold on to me if you're unable to stand"

"I- I can stand, thank you."

He lifted her bike and helped her sit on it. "Thanks once again." Pallavi smiled. 

"No problem" He said. 

Pallavi got into her bike and rode on. Few minutes later, she looked in her mirror and found the car still stationery. Something told her to go back to the car, so she did.

"Any problem?" She asked.

"Oh, it's so silly, I ran out of petrol" He said shyly. 

"Oh, my house is nearby. Hop on." Pallavi said.

He argued for a bit, but eventually, Pallavi gave him a ride to her home.

As soon as she entered the house, she heard Raghav's scream. "PALLAVI! What took you so- who the fuck is he?" 

"Raghav!" Pallavi hissed. "Manners."

"Umm sorry, it was an accident. I'm Raghav Rao. And you are?"

"Siddarth. Your wife was kind enough to help me. Actually, my car ran out of petrol. Do you mind helping me out?" He asked. 

Raghav nodded, and they left together. Pallavi went to her room, and freshened up. She was just looking at her phone, when Raghav came in.

"Hi baby." Pallavi said, but Raghav didn't reply. 

"Hello? What's wrong" She asked.

"It's so weird, Pallavi. I know exactly how much petrol I took with me. I emptied the whole bottle into his car. But when he started his car, there was more petrol than I put. And by a lot." Raghav said thoughtfully.

"Oh Raghav, it was probably a glitch in the system. Can you come here, I'm sleepy." She said, patting the bed. 

"No babe, I have work" Raghav said seriously.

"Fine, can you do it on the bed? You know, I was very scared today while coming back home, because it was dark and creepy and I kept remembering those times Viraj kidnapped me. I want to feel safe." Pallavi said, doing her puppy face at the last sentence.

Raghav's heart melted. He took his laptop and sat on the bed, pulling Pallavi closer to him. Pallavi laid her head on his shoulder. "Siddarth kind of helped too. I almost had an accident with him, but he was so sweet, he helped me get on the scooty and all. That's why I helped him back . I wish boys were more like him" Pallavi said, without thinking. "And you know, his voice was damn soothing. Did you feel it too? I just knew I had to trust-"

"Pallavi, baby, I'm trying to focus here" Raghav said silently.

"Sorry, Good night" Pallavi said, kissing him gently, and lying down on the bed. 

He had to admit to himself, he was jealous. But it didn't matter. He knew that Pallavi loved only him, and this Siddarth guy was a closed chapter anyway.

Two updates in one day? What's wrong with me?!