CHAPTER 2

PS. In this story, I would keep switching between Raghav's and Pallavi's POV. It's actually quite easy to identify but let me know if y'all get confused or something <3

It was nearly 3:30am. Raghav was done with his work, and Pallavi was still asleep on him. He glanced at her for the umpteenth time, but it still gave him the same sense of happiness . He almost didn't want to wake her up. She looked so pretty and peaceful while sleeping and he would honestly be fine having her sleep on him all night. But he shook himself mentally. "Pallavi. Uto na. Kamre me jaake sothe hain." No movement. He gently shook her. "Haan? Kya hua?" she woke up, looking startled. "Kuch nahi hua. Aao, kamre me jaake sothe hain" he said. She nodded and got up. They walked together to their room. He slept in his side of the bed and she, in hers. Raghav sighed. Somewhere inside him he wished this distance between them magically vanished. Little did he know, she was wishing of the exact same thing. 

                                                            *******************

Pallavi woke up early the next morning. She remembered having a pleasant dream. Keeping her eyes closed, she tried to relieve it, but the more she tried, the more harder it became and she eventually gave up and opened her eyes. At first, what she saw startled her, but later she broke into a grin. "Mera ghamandi Rao" she said, pinching his nose gently. And she lay there, staring at her husband for about 5 minutes. The Don of Hyderabad looked too cute while asleep. There. She caught herself again, admiring Raghav Rao. What has gotten into me lately? Kahi pyaar toh nahi? But she couldn't lie to herself; she quite welcomed that thought. Pallavi couldn't have asked for better. Once you get to know him, he is not at all the stone hearted brutal Raghav Rao. Instead, he is very caring. If he has taken a liking for you, then you are lucky. And I'm the luckiest Pallavi thought happily. And then she scolded herself. Raghav probably doesn't even like me that way. Why am I behaving like a teenager?

She got up and freshened up. When she came out of the bathroom, wearing a bath robe, Raghav was awake and checking his phone. They both looked and each other for a while, and then Pallavi turned away. She decided to get ready, there were a lot of orders waiting for her today. "Are you going to the shop today, Pallavi?" Raghav asked. "Haan, achaanak kyu pooch rahe ho?" She replied. "There's a party for businessmen and entrepreneurs tonight. And I got invited to it. I'm allowed to bring one more person. I was thinking of bringing you. Tumhare liye be ek learning opportunity jesi hogi" Pallavi thought about this for a while. It did sound fun, but on the other hand, she had a lot of work today. "Chal na. Sirf dho gante ke liye. Baaki kaam krishna kar legi." He said, as though he read her mind. "Haan teek hai. Exactly kab hai ye?" 8pm came the reply. She gave him a quick smile and a thumbs up and continued getting ready.

At the shop, her mind kept racing back to the party. She had agreed without hesitation, but now she was skeptical. How was she, Middle Class Pallavi to socialize with High Class People? What would she talk about? Her husband was a very well known businessman and she didn't want to do anything that ruined that name. What will she wear? She had no party dresses as such. The day passed on, with Pallavi doubting herself several times, and eventually it was 6pm and she had to go.