CHAPTER 3

When Pallavi came to her room, all of her worries quite literally vanished. On her bed, there was a beautiful black dress and everything that would make a girl very happy. "Hi mam, Raghav sir told me to get you ready for the party tonight. Come with me, We need to wash your hair first" A woman came out of nowhere and started talking rapidly. Pallavi just nodded and followed her. The next one hour was a blur. Pallavi was not used to this type of special treatment, and she definitely didn't like it. When it was finally over, Pallavi was allowed to look at the mirror. A girl who was much prettier than her usual self glanced back her.

"Now, We've done everything from our side to make you look confident and professional

"Now, We've done everything from our side to make you look confident and professional. But, in order to carry this look, you need to be bold and brilliant. Don't be afraid of the people you meet there. If they ask you any awkward questions, answer with your head high. Don't be shy. Do as I say, and you'll be the star of the night. All the best." With that, she and her makeup crew left. Pallavi frantically tried to remember all of the points she mentioned. She paced around her room, with a bazillion thoughts running in her mind. Suddenly, she stopped. "Yeh Raghav kahan gaya? Mujhe dekhne be nahi aaya. Invitiation diya aur bus. Sir ka kaam khatam" She angrily walked to his den. 

She walked in, not even bothering to knock. "Raghav, tum-" she stopped short, looking at him. He was sitting down and when he glanced at her with a bit of anger, her heart did a somersault. He looked pretty dashing in a tux and all her anger just melted away.

At first, Raghav looked at her with some anger, then his expression changed

At first, Raghav looked at her with some anger, then his expression changed. He looked at her in - awe. They both were just staring at each other, admiring (and proudly so) how stunning they looked. Raghav got up and came closer to her. And closer. Pallavi kept looking into his eyes. Scared, but excited for what was happening. "Tum bohot sundar lag rahi ho, Pallavi" He said. His voice was quiet and - sexy. "Tum bhi" Pallavi said without thinking. "Me sundar lag raha hoon?" Raghav asked, chuckling. "Nahi, vo mein-" Pallavi began. "Shhh" he said and Pallavi obeyed. Raghav tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ears. The little distance between them was filled with electricity. Pallavi wished the distance would reduce. He took one glance at her lips, and she knew what was coming. She closed her eyes, bracing herself. He leaned in, placing his hand on her waist. It was happening.

A loud knock caused them to jump apart. No lies here, Pallavi was disappointed and by glancing at Raghav she knew he was too.  It was Farhad ."Anna car ready hai, aur driver bi" "Driver nahi chahiye Farhad. Mein drive kar loonga." Farhad nodded and left. They looked at each other for a while and the Raghav asked, "Chale?" And she nodded.

When they reached the car, Raghav opened the door for her. "Kya baath hai, Ghamandi Rao. Aaj tho tum gentleman ban gaye" She said mockingly. "Oh please. Me esa hi hoon. Tumko patha hoga kya? Tum kahan mere saath athe ho kabhi? He replied. Pallavi stuck out her tongue at him and sat in the car. This what she liked best about their relationship. One moment they become intimate, and the next they tease each other. 

With what fighting for Hindi and Telugu songs in the car, and mocking each other's taste, Pallavi forgot about this High Class Party and was able to relax. But once they reached, it all came flooding back to her, double in amount. She began panicking. Let alone forgetting the points her makeup artist mentioned, she forgot how to breathe. "Deva! ab me kya karungi?" She thought helplessly.

Just then, Raghav offered his arm to her. With a rush of gratitude, she held his arms tight, and looked at him with fear. Raghav gave her a pacifying sort of smile and said "Darne ki koyi zarurat nahi hai. Mere pass hi raho and be bold. You will be amazing, Saree ka dukaan." Pallavi managed a smile, though she definitely felt better. With Raghav by her side, she could handle anything.

How did you guys like the story so far? Kindly let me know.