CHAPTER 8

"I love you Raghav" She muttered, hardly audible. Raghav couldn't believe his ears. "Pallavi! Kya kaha tumne??" He asked urgently, but Pallavi was fast asleep. For about a minute, he was in complete denial. But then, his face broke out into a grin. "I love you too, Saree ka dukaan." he said, even though he knew she couldn't hear. He smiled at her, then kissed her forehead. The amount of tension and stress he faced today, he was exhausted. But, he was contended. He was so used to having Pallavi around him that the idea that she was missing left him shattered. But now, his saree ka dukaan was close to him, and there was no way he was letting her go. He rested his head on the bed, and fell asleep.

                                                                 ********************

When Pallavi woke up, she was quite alone. She looked around for Raghav, but he wasn't there. She didn't like waking up all alone, she was used to waking up with Raghav next to her. She checked in the bathroom, but he wasn't there. She quickly brushed her teeth and walked to his den.

He was there, asleep with his head on the desk. She came close to him, and stroked his hair. "Raghav? " He immediately woke up. "Kya hua Raghav? Tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?" she asked. He took her hand and pulled her to his lap. She sat down, and put her hand around his neck and he held her by her waist. "Ab batao. Kya hua?" she asked. "Kal raat, tumne jo kuch bhi kaha, fir ek baar kaho na." he said. Pallavi thought about it. "Kya kaha mene?" Raghav's face fell. "Tumhe yaad nahi hai?" he asked in a small voice. Pallavi remembered all the traumatic experiences but she didn't know what he was talking about. "Accha vo kal raat late aaney ka vajah?" she asked. Raghav looked disappointed. "Haan vohi batha do." he said. Pallavi stared at him, thinking. "What were you talking about?" She asked. Raghav shook his head, looking like a hurt puppy. Pallavi thought of confessing to him before leaving her shop. Did she say I love you when she slept? Whatever. It didn't matter. She was going to say it now.

As soon as that thought came to her, her heart began beating rapidly. She ignored it. She held his hand. "Raghav. Even though I loved the Deshmukh Nivas, I didn't feel like I belonged." she began, not looking at him, though she could feel him looking intensely at her. "When I came here, I was sure I would feel the same way here too. But no, you gave me a home, a family, and most importantly, you gave me love and care, like no one ever had." She looked at him. She would say it now. But somehow, the words didn't come out. 

"I love you, Pallavi." Raghav said. Uncontrollably, her face broke out into a grin, and he smiled at her too. "I love you too, Raghav." She said, her voice shaking. They hugged, Pallavi's head resting on his chest. "Thank you. For being with me." he said. Pallavi nodded. When they broke apart, Raghav pulled her even more closer, and she put her hands around him. He leaned in to her, and she closed her eyes - their lips met. He kissed her gently and slowly, and she kissed him back. Pallavi was well aware of how hot she was feeling, and how close they were to each other. 

She lost track of time. They might have been kissing for either 3 minutes or a half hour. They broke apart, and smiled at each other. 

At that moment, Pallavi and Raghav were thinking of the same thing - How lucky they were.

PS. I know this isn't a lot but I just wanted to publish this bit because I would be busy this week. Sorry for the short update, but I hope y'all enjoy it just the same. Thank you for reading!