Chapter 17

Mitch P.O.V.

After what felt like 2 hours, the aircraft began to descend and eventually landed on a large acre of green land. As soon as the sounds of the blades spinning went away, Klarissa emerged from behind the pilot curtain. She sent me a warm smile and I gave her one back. She proceeded to go to the entrance of the aircraft and opened up a few spaces around the edges of the door. The door then opened with a slight push of her hand.

I was loaded into a limousine and was driven down the streets of a new city. I think it's name is Starcrest but that's what I heard from the driver when he was on the phone.

We began to approach a huge building which looked like it was 12 stories tall. The golden letters on the building read "Le Victorian Manor".I got the penthouse so that's all the way up to the top. When the driver escorted me in the hotel, two woman at the desk said in sync "Welcome to The Victorian Manor". I guess this is like a fancy hotel I stay at for a few days until I get to go home.

I gave them a smug smile and proceeded up to the 12th floor where my room was. When I got there it wasn't really a room. More like a home on one floor.

When I entered the living area was HUGE. There were three steps going down when I walked in. To my far left was a large relaxing area with red couches, a medium sized television, a fire place on the wall and a few drinks in the the coffee table in the middle. To my far right was a section filled with books, more couches, and gaming systems. Right in front of me was a large TV, recliner chairs, an elegant coffee table, and way more interesting things. This place also had a pool out back, a great city view, and a gaming room. There's no way they'd let me stay here for free. But they did.

This place is amazing. But how am I going to enjoy myself without Y/N in my life? She's really gone. The next thing I knew, the couch was now filled with wet tissues.

Your P.O.V.

A light flashes my face and I cover my eyes. They begin to flutter open and I blink a few times. My surrounding is unfamiliar. I am no longer in the arena, where the trees are tall and pretty while the grass is green and delicate.

Instead, I am in a metallic room with a few glass windows showing hallways. There are numerous amounts of medical equipment around me and I'm laying on a gray metal table. I begin to sit up and see that my clothes have changed. I was no longer wearing my black clothing. I'm now wearing a blue dress that is laced at the bottom and blue heels that must be at least 4 inches tall. I look at my arms and legs and notice that there are no scars or marks. But there is a slight speck of green on my arm in the form of a small dot. I shake it off and I feel my face and notice that my face is flawless. A mirror catches my attention across the room. I walk over to it, stumbling in these stilts.

My eyelashes are longer, my skin looks brighter, and my hair is pretty decent. I don't know where I am and I need some answers.

How'd I get here?
Why am I wearing these clothes?
Did I win the Games?
Where's Mitch?

Mitch! Oh my god. Where is he? Is he okay? I look to my left hand and see that the engagement ring is gone. I run back to the table, scanning it for the stone ring. It's not there. I begin to search the entire room, looking for my fiancé's gift.

About half of the room has been checked and I grasp a cabinet door. I open it and see a syringe titled "Fatal Attraction". The substance is used up, but I see the tiny residue left over. The color of the substance was green.

I got injected with that. Is that why I was unconscious? I heard a few footsteps approaching this room and I closed the cabinets quickly and shuffled to the table to lay down again.

I sat up as soon as my heard my name escape the person's lips.

"Shawn?" I exclaimed.

"Hi" he said with his bright smile. I ran up to him and jumped into his arms for a hug. He hugged me back giggling at my exxcitement. I quickly jumped off and apologized. He just smiled.

"How are you even alive?" I asked. "I heard the canon boom. I saw the blood. I thought I-that wasn't you was it?

"No, you didn't kill me. It was somebody else. I escaped but was just lucky enough to find my way out of the arena and register another person in my place" he replied.

"Oh okay. I'm just glad you're okay is all" I said. I don't want to question him too much now.

"You look beautiful. Not that you always don't" he said nervously. "Thanks" I replied with a smile. "But how did I get in these clothes?"

Shawn's eyes flashed around the room "Uh, you don't remember changing? After you won the Games, you were so excited. You were given a new outfit and so many people clapped and greeted you. You got so much attention. They, uh threw flowers on you and everything. I think they actually got tired of clapping" he said with a quick chuckle. "You must've forgotten because of the um, healing serum you were injected with to heal your body's scars.

I don't remember any of that. All I know is that someone gave me a needle to the neck and I got knocked out. "Okay" I say with a fake smile. Did I really win?

"Is there anything I can change into? My style isn't normally this dressy" I say.

"Sure, there's a bathroom right around the corner from here and you can ask the costume designer for clothes" Shawn said.

I smiled and went to the costume director. Her name was Melanie and she was really pretty and nice. I asked and she gave me some casual wear.

I went back to Shawn and asked a question I'm dying to know. "Shawn, where's Mitch?"

His eyes widened and he frowned. "Right. You um...won the Games because he died"

My heart shattered. "He-he what?" I stuttered. "Yeah, the last player slit his neck and then they commited suicide I guess, I'm not sure"

I instantly fall to the floor. My makeup is running down my face as the tears form a tiny puddle. No, we were supposed to do this together. Get married and then live the rest of our lives together. I hope he didn't suffer too much. I began to instantly yell out in pain because he was gone. The man I was supposed to spend forever with didn't last forever.

"Shawn is there anywhere I get to stay?" I said still sobbing and sniffling. "I just want to be alone right now".

He smield weakly. "Yes, there's a place you can stay a few minutes away from here if you want" I nodded and he helped me to his car. I didn't know he could drive. The car ride there was silent only filled my sounds of my sorrow and Shawn whispering "It's gonna be okay". But it won't be.

"I'll have someone bring your things here later" he said. I nodded a little. He pulled me in for a hug and I engulfed my face into his chest. The hug was long and very warm. I fixed my makeup and slowly walked into the hotel.

"Welcome to The Victorian Manor" I heard a woman say. I smiled and made my way to the 11th floor.

***********************************************************

Sorry for the boring chapter but many of you wanted me to update soon so I couldn't leave ya hanging. I also apologize for any typos. Please comment on the next page because I like reading what you guys say and don't forget leave a vote. THANK YOU so much for reading!!

Much luv ❤️ :)

Peace ~ JB