Chapter 12

Mitch P.O.V.

The sunlight blasted my face and I used my hand to block it. Y/N was sound asleep with a little snore now and then. I smiled and began to shake her gently.

"Wake up babe. Wake up." I whispered.

She groaned and mumbled something. I chuckled and picked her up. She was awake I knew it, so I threw her on the bed in a fetal position. Her eyes widen and I began to laugh. When she stopped bouncing, she finally said "I'm going back to sleep" and rolled over to face away from me. I jumped on her so she was laying down and I was towering over her. I kissed her lips and it wasn't long until she kissed back. I pulled away to tease her and she pouted.

"No one likes a tease, Mitch" she said seductively.
"Well you like this one" I responded and she smiled.

*time skip to evening because I'm lazy*

Mitch P.O.V.

Y/N and I decided to head out and get more supplies so we didn't starve.

I passed a few berries that weren't poisonous and used my knife to cut them from the bushes. Afterwards, I found a local pond and I opened my gray canister to fill it. "Mitch....." I hear a voice behind me whisper. I recognize it and turn around quickly.

"Jerome...." I say.

I run up to him and hug him. He laughs a little and hugs me back. "It's me biggums" he says. I release him and tears of joy form in my eyes. "Are you ok?" I ask. "Yeah I'm fine" he replies. "My head is still kind of crazy from that weird moment I tried to kill you. But I'm back and we can do this" he smiles and says.

"Do what?" I ask.

"Win the hunger games. I heard two could win this year. We can go home dood." Jerome says happily and pulls me into a hug.

My smile fades. Y/N.....she wouldn't make it. She would die. I would have Jerome of course, which is great. But I'd lose the love of my life. I don't know if I can go on without her. Jerome can't be serious.

"Wait" I say and push him away slightly. "Y/N won't make it. We would be together biggums, but she would die" I say.

Jerome's smile stays on his face. "Yeah, but we will be alive Mitch. We could live out the rest of our days together man. Just me and you". I do love my best friend, but I don't want to leave my girlfriend here to did.

"Mitch, you can find someone else. She's not that special. There are other fish in the ocean." Jerome says.

No, I can't go with him. Y/N is worth dying for. But I need to think of my future.

"You're right. I can go on. Let's do this, man." I say. Jerome smiles wide and pulls me in for another hug. "Forget her dood" Jerome says quietly. "I barely care for h-" Jerome begins.

I shoved my knife into his stomach.

The real Jerome cares too much about Y/N. He would never say that. He was completely serious when he talked to me, the real Jerome can always make a joke about something. This is the Jerome who tried to kill me before. Not the one that's safely at home.

"Mitch...." I heard from his lips. He fell over and bled out until he started to twitch. Suddenly, the twitch stopped and I knew the imposter was dead. A cannon went off, and not too long after another one sounded. Two cannons? I hope my love is ok.

Your P.O.V.

Throughout the day, Mitch and I gathered food and more water, on separate paths.

9 people left. (Cannons boomed while they slept).

Hopefully, one of them is Shawn. I haven't seen him since that explosion and I really want to see him. We need to talk and see what we are. I know that Mitch and I were no longer fighting but maybe we weren't a couple. We could be friends with benefits. I don't like the thought of it.

I don't know if Jennifer is dead or alive now. I don't really recall a cannon when she fell into that bush. Then again, I was kind of dazed from the smoke. 'She should be dead' my thoughts said. (Your thoughts are in italics)

No she shouldn't, I know she's bad but no one deserves death.
She tried to kill you.
Everyone tries to kill everyone in these games.
She also took Mitch from you.
He gave into her command. It's not his fault. He was protecting me.
By making out with your enemy?
Jennifer is not my enemy.
Yes she is. You don't care about what she has done?
Of course I do.
Then do something.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a person's footsteps. I quickly hid behind a tree and watched. A boy with a back pack was stumbling around and his hair was burned. It was black but there were specks of blond in there. It was stuck up straight and his hands had black spots on them. He looks familiar, like one of my friends before I became an introvert.

He's been electrocuted.

The only thing that wasn't harmed was his chest. It looked as though he had a shirt made of rubber. Weird. I aimed my arrow towards his head. He didn't notice me, he only just stumbled past me. I looked at him in the view of my bow. I don't want to hurt him but I need to make sure either Mitch or I makes it out alive. I release my grip and the arrow flies right towards his eye. It hits him straight there and I see the blood rushing down his face. No scream of agony comes from his lips. Just grunts. The warm liquid oozes out and he trips walking backwards over a stump. He hits the ground hard and the arrow passes through his head, inside his brain.

I walk towards his dead corpse and almost shed a tear. He was so innocent. Probably had a family and maybe a girlfriend. So sad. I'm becoming a monster. A cannon booms.

8 people left.

Another one right after mine. 7 people left.

Oh Mitch, please be okay.

I began to leave the boy's body and I realize something. Those eyes, that hair, his backpack.

My eyes widen as I comprehend that random dead boy. Then, I whisper something so slightly I can barely hear it. "Shawn".

(CLIFF HANGER! I'm so sorry about not updating for some time now, I had writers block. But I hope this chapter makes up for it!!! If you didn't know I've recently hit 1.07k reads and I'm still shocked right now. Can you hear my heart racing? Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. LEAVE A LIKE AND COMMENT ON THE NEXT PAGE ALONG WITH WHAT YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THIS CHAPTER. That's all and PEACE ~ JB).