Chapter 21

Your P.O.V.

Surely he would've called by now right? Or maybe not? Some guys are so confusing.

Hm, maybe something came up? Maybe he's still asleep? No, it's the afternoon, if he was actually committed to date, he'd be awake by now.

Maybe I'm over thinking this. We aren't that close honestly. Something else could be going on. Is he with that girl with the red hair? Does she have something to do with the reason he hasn't called?

I've gotta know for sure.

I picked up my phone on the side of my bed rest and opened my contacts. Scrolling down to my stranger's name, I pressed it.

Mitch P.O.V.

"Who's there?!" I called. "Klarissa?!' I called running out of her door. By the time I was outside, I didn't see anything. It was the same as it looked when I first pulled up.

Something is up. I went back inside Klarissa' house. I hadn't really found anything upstairs, might as well double-check downstairs.

*****

After looking through the kitchen and the dining room, I walked over to the living room.

First thing I saw, was pictures of Klarissa, her friends, family, and pets, all plastered on a wall and some in frames on a small wooden table on the side of the sofa.

I smiled to myself and sat on the sofa next to the table. My brown eyes flickered from one photo to the next, they were all full of happiness and laughter, it warmed my heart a bit.

A specific picture caught my eye though. One of Klarissa in a frame. Her hair wasn't red though, it was brown, and it didn't look like it was taken too long ago, maybe a year.

Nevertheless, she was still gorgeous. Her hair wasn't in a ponytai, it was left down and it was kinda wavy, but it cascaded down her shoulders lovely She had on a patterened sundress, which came all the way down to her ankles, with flowers at her feet. Her eyes were that beautiful green I adore, but her smile was brighter. She was sat upon a log, with grass and trees in the background.

She looked truly happy. And I would love to see her like this again.

My phone vibrating from the kitchen snapped me from my thoughts.

My eyes tore away from the picture frame and I set it back down where I found it.

I briskly walked over to my phone and picked it up, the caller ID was from her, not Klarissa or course, my special her.

"Hey you" I exclaimed as I heard a sigh of relief from the other line.

"Oh good, okay hi" she responded with a laugh. "I uh, I was just expecting you to a call a little sooner heh."

"Oh yeah! Sorry about that some stuff came out with Klarissa" I replied walking over to the picture wall. I tend to walk around when I talk on the phone, lol.

There was a small moment of silence before she continued on. "Klarissa, yeah?"

I shrugged go myself and walked behind the sofa to look at the photos on the wall better. "Yeah, haven't talked to her in a bit, so I just wanted to check on her"

"Oh okay. Is she still complete 'heart eyes' over you?" she asked sounding a little annoyed.

"I actually don't know, I haven't seen her around. And she wasn't completely 'heart eyes', it was a crush.' I admitted.

I heard her scoff on the other line, but she continued on. 'Yeah sure. I was just asking cause you hadn't called earlier and I thought maybe she was the reason behind it."

My eyes widened a bit. 'It's okay, though. Nothing's going on.' As I finished, my lady on the line softly began making small talk while I glanced around Klarissa' house a bit more. I should get going anyway.

But as my eyes glanced at the floor, I saw a white sheet bundled up on the floor. I swear that wasn't there when I first got here, I think I would've seen it when I searched before.

And wait, someone was here before right? Or was it just wind or something with the door?

I bent down to put the sheet back upstairs and as it unbundled itself, stains of red marked up the sheets. I shrieked and dropped them quickly, stumbling backwards.

"Hello?! Are you okay?! Hello?!"she called from the other line.

I regained my sanity and went back over to the sheets. Careful not to touch the bloody fabric, I flipped the white sheet over and studied the blood stains. The blood didn't look to fresh but they weren't old. The Hunger Games teaches you that kinda stuff.

"Hello?!" I heard her voice shout again.

I raised the phone back up to my ear. "Y-yeah?"

"Jesus, don't scare me like that please. Are you alright?" she asked taking a sigh of relief.

"I-I'm sorry. I just hit my toe pretty hard on something." I lied, I didn't know if I could tell her about this yet.

"Okay, well, do you want to meet up in say, 30 minutes?" she asked.

I balled the sheets back up and rushed out of Klarissa' home, grabbing her house keys on the way out. They were on the table and I didn't want anyone to break into her home.

"Uh, sure, why not? There's a café around 'Le Victorian Manor', good for you?" I asked.

"Yeah that should be great. So see ya then?"

I got into my car and tossed the sheets on the back seat on the ground. "Of course. Alright see you then sweetheart." I finished, starting up my car.

"Okay bye." she said, I replied the same and we both hung up.

I pulled out onto the street and began to drive to our meet up. I'm still contemplating on whether or not I want to tell her about this. I still don't even understand it.

Maybe it's just Klarissa's....you know...time of the month?

...I don't know, I'm lost! I'll figure this out eventually but right now, I gotta set this behind me and get to my date. Don't want to lose her when I haven't even got her yet.

I just realized, we still don't even know each other's names. Funny huh?

***********
I know, I know, I'm not gonna say it but you guys deserve it...

I'M SO SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG, I PLAN ON UPDATING MORE FREQUENTLY I PROMISE.

But, I hope you guys liked this and I hope your day goes great or had gone great (((: