Prologue

Optimus's POV

We were once a peaceful race of intelligent mechanical beings. But then came the war between the Autobots, who fought for freedom, and the Decepticons, who dreamt for tyranny. Overmatched and outnumbered, our defeat was all but certain. But in the war's final days, one Autoboth ship escaped the battle. It was carrying a secret cargo, which would have changed our planet's fate. A desperate mission. Our final hope. A hope that vanished. 

In the years since our arrival, our new him, Earth, has seen much change. Energon detectors guard its cities now. Long-rage defense systems watch the skies. So now we assist our allies in solving human conflicts, to prevent mankind from bringing harm to itself. We work in secret teams on various missions around the globe. And all the while, we search for signs of our true enemies' return. 

I was driving between empty buildings keeping my optics sharp and ready for anyone that would come on my path. Ratchet was following me closely. As I turned to the right I came into a small park where a small group of people was already waiting for us. As I stop I began to scene the aria around us and when I was sure that it was safe I open the doors. 

Riley's POV 

Jumping out of Optimus with a gun in my left hand I took a look around for a moment before looking back at Optimus. 

Me: ''Thank you for a ride.'' 

I said as I step next to Lennox who came out of Optimus on the right side. With my gun close to my chest and suit that protected me from this poison air I nodded towards Optimus to open his trailer. He did as I said and Lennox's men began to come out. A man in black-tie approached Lennox and me. I meet him a week ago as Lennox and I were working undercover. 

Lennox: ''Mr. Voshkod. So, uninhabited since '86. I hear it won't be livable again for another 20,000 years?'' 

Mr. Voshkod: ''At least. Ukraine was the most fertile land. It's a tragedy.'' 

I looked around before looking back towards Optimus. 

Optimus: ''Is something wrong Riley?'' 

He asked me through the small ear mich which I had in my left ear.

Me: ''Bad feeling.'' 

I said before looking back towards Lennox and Mr. Voskhod. Maybe it was just this place. 

Mr. Voskhod: ''This way.'' 

He said as he walked past me and Lennox. Something was off about him. The first thing that I noticed was that he didn't have a mask or protective suit. The second thing that I noticed was that he was sweating. A lot. 

Lennox: ''Gear up! We have 60 minutes on the ground. Watch your radiation levels.'' 

With a protective suit already on me, I placed the mask over my face. This place was worst than hell itself. We all began to follow Mr. Voskhod who was already walking towards the house. 

Lennox: ''Mr. Voskhod where's your protective gear?'' 

Mr. Voskhod didn't reply to him. Lennox looked back at me and our eyes meet. He gave me the look which meant: 'The hell?'  

Optimus: ''Be careful  Riley.'' 

He said through the mich. 

Me: ''Don't worry.'' 

With that, I followed Lennox and Mr. Voskhod inside a house with others following. Walking through the building I saw piles of masks laying around. As I was walking I kept on glancing at my radiation levels.