Part 18: Attack On Chicago

Riley's POV 

I was standing at the edge of the cliff looking at the beautiful sunset. A wind was gently flowing true my hair reminding me that this was a reality and that I wasn't gone. I was here. Hearing heavy steps I looked back to see Optimus who changed into his human form. He began to approach me and as he came to my left I turned my body towards him. We were standing only one foot apart from each other. 

Me: ''I remember the world of unknown. It was a really beautiful world. So beautiful that I can't even describe it. I was so afraid at first but in seconds I felt safe. But then I heard a voice. Your voice. You were calling me. Something pulled me back and as I opened my eyes I saw you. My question is why?''

Optimus: ''Because I love you, Riley. I love you more than anything. You are my mate. My other half. I would and will do anything to keep you safe.'' 

5!

The moment I came to him I jumped into his arms. With my hands around his neck and my legs around his waist, I gave him a big hug. It has been a month since we last saw each other, and I really missed him.

Me: ''I missed you.''

Optimus: ''I missed you too my sweet spark.''

As we look at each other I placed my hands on his cheeks then I kissed him. The kiss was long and filled with passion. No matter how many kisses I would get from Optimus I would always feel butterflies in my stomach. 

4!

Optimus and I were on the beach. He was laying on the ground as I was laying on top of him. His hands were on my lower back as my head was on his chest. He just came jet from another mission. We were looking at the beautiful sunset in each other's arms. As I looked up at him he looked at me and our eyes meet. The more that I was looking the more I was lost in his eyes. I could never describe how beautiful there were because there were no words for them.

Optimus: ''You are the moon of my life and I will be your sun that will die just to see you shine.'' 

 Me: ''What did you say?''

I asked as he spoke in Cybertron language which I didn't understand very much. 

Optimus: ''I said: ''You are the moon of my life and I will be your sun that will die just to see you shine.''

With a smile, I placed another kiss which was a bit longer and filled with passion, making him kiss me back.

3! 

2!

1! 

The ship lifted itself and began to fly towards the stars. Towards the unknown place. Just then the phone started to ring. Sam who was standing on my right took the phone from his pocket and placed it to his right ear. 

Sam: ''You wanted an answer. You got one.'' 

I turned my haze towards him. To who was he talking? By his facial expression, I saw that something was wrong. Very wrong. 

Sam: ''Sure of what?'' 

Suddenly a loud explosion hit my ears. Looking to my left I saw...that...that the spaceship was destroyed. 

Me: ''OPTIMUS!!!!''' 

A scream of pain left my mouth as tears began to roll down my cheeks. 

Me: ''NO, NO, NO! PLEASE NO!!!'' 

The screams continue to come out of me as I fell to my knees. Hands came around me and pulled me into a strong hug. 

Sam: ''Riley...'' 

The moment I felt that thing was far away from me and Sam, I pushed myself away from Sam to look at him with a serious expression. 

Me: ''Tell me why you had a Watch-Out on your hand?'' 

Sam: ''What?'' 

Me: ''Decepticon on your wrist. I felt that something was wrong. What happened Sam?'' 

Sam told me how Caryl was taken hostage by Soundwave and Dylan her boss was working for Megatron. In a moment I had a plan for how to save Carly. I told Sam to went to find Simmons and Dutch who could help find Carly's location and I went to call my car. 

The moment my car came to me I began to put my armor on. Just as I was done Sam came with Epps. 

Epps: ''Riley.''

He placed his arms around me and gave me a hug. I hugged him back. 

Epps: ''I'm so sorry for your loss.'' 

As we let go of each other I turned my attention to Sam. 

Me: ''Did you get the location?'' 

Sam: ''She is Chicago.'' 

Me: ''That's 15 hours away. We need to go.'' 

Epps: ''I'm going too.'' 

He said making me look at him. 

Epps: ''Lennox told me that you left the army. But I will help you two. I still have my NEST friends out there. I'll round them up and we will find Carly.'' 

Me: ''Let's go then.'' 

It took us hours to come to Chicago. As I was driving I couldn't stop thinking about what Decepticons have done to Earth. From the beginning when they first came here they wanted to destroy the human race and rule Earth. 

Threw our way we pick up some of Epps friends who joined us with their cars. I was sitting behind the wheel as Sam was sitting next to me and Epps was sitting in the back seats. A few kilometers away from Chicago we lost Carly's signal and that meant that the Decepticons had attacked the city already. 

The city was destroyed. 

Buildings were damaged as many cars were on fire. People were laying on the ground surrounded by blood. 

Radio: ''This is a national emergency broadcast. Chicago has suffered a massive attack.'' 

People were running past our car shouting and screaming. 

Man: ''Wrong way!'' 

Woman: ''Go back!'' 

My nightmare had come true. 

Simmon's POV 

Lennox: ''Our old NEST teams are on stand-down holding at Grissom Air Force Base. We're about ten minutes from the battle zone. We have Special Forces trying to gain access to the city, and infantry is staging at the perimeter.'' 

Me: ''Excuse me, excuse me it just doesn't make sense! Can't we get any eyes in there at all?'' 

I asked as I came close to the big monitor with my wheelchair. 

Charlotte: ''They keep shooting down our drones.'' 

General: ''They want us blind. But we do have a couple of mini-drones we're gonna try.'' 

Me: ''Well, whoever's manning these UAV drones, can we try to redirect them towards Trump Tower? Riley Pax was on her way to Chicago with Witwicky. He said some point-man human op is there for the Decepticons! Listen, if I know anything, I know this, that Riley is an alien-bad-news magnet.'' 

Lennox: ''I never turned my back on her and I won't do it now.''