Part 16: Turning You Backs At Them

Riley's POV 

The moment we found Sentinel I stopped my car and together with my gun I step out. Optimus who stopped himself next to me began to transform. I looked towards Sentinel who was surrounded by his pillars. He was going to activate them. 

Sentinel: ''Commencing transport.'' 

Optimus: ''Stop! No! No, Sentinel!'' 

Sentinel: ''Forgive me.'' 

At that moment he activated the pillars. The pillars went together and as they began to glow in blue they created a giant portal. In seconds Decepticons with their battleships began to come threw the portal. There were so many of them. 

Optimus began to run after Sentinel as I, Lennox, soldiers, and Autobots began to fight the Decepticons who began to shoot at the people and the building around us. With my gun, I was able to shoot three of the Decepticons down in minutes. 

Hearing a growl I  looked back to see one Decepticon running towards me and Lennox who was on my left. I quickly pushed Lennox out of the way and then I shoot one of the powerful attacks that I had towards the Decepticon hitting him directly in the head killing him instantly. 

Optimus: ''Autobots, retreat! It's too dangerous! Bumblebee, Lennox get Riley out of here!'' 

Said Optimuses voice through the earpiece in my right ear. Turning my head towards the way he went I saw him tackling Sentinel. Before Lennox could stop me or Bee could grab me I began to run towards Optimus and Sentinel. 

Lennox: ''Riley!''

I was running as fast as I could. Sentinel threw Optimus to the ground and was about to stab him, but Optimus took a hold of his hand and began to push him back. 

Optimus: ''Why, Sentinel, why?!?'' 

Sentinel: ''For Cybertron! For our home! What war destroyed, we can rebuild! But only if we join with the Decepticons!'' 

Optimus: ''I will never join Decepticons!'' 

Sentinel: ''So lost you are, Optimus. On Cybertron, we were gods. And here they call us machines! Do you really think by marrying that girl that she thinks any less of you than an object?!'' 

Optimus: ''You tried to kill my spark mate and my sparkling! You will pay with your life!'' 

At that moment I was close enough. I used my gun and shot at Sentinel. I shot him directly in his left arm sending him flying off Optimus hitting the ground hard. Optimus stood up and was about to attack him again. From the corner of my right eye, I saw an attack flying toward me. But before it could hit me Optimus swiped me off the harm's way. 

Opening my eyes I found myself covered by Optimuses hands as he was holding me close to his chest. 

Optimus: ''Are you hurt?'' 

Me: ''No. Thank you.'' 

As he removed one of his hands I saw that Sentinel was gone. 

Me: ''Fuck.'' 

Optimus: ''It's not over. He will get what he deserves.'' 

This was his and Megatron's plane all along. To bring the whole Decepticon army and take control over our planet. 

Optimus: ''Riley?'' 

Looking up at him I didn't even notice that I was crying until I heard the tears falling down on his hand. All the tears that I was holding back began to pour out of my eyes. A bright light came around me and as it disappeared I found myself in Optimuses arms. He was holding me against his chest as tears kept on coming. 

Me: ''They b-broke my f-family, Optimus. They...'' 

At that moment my legs became weak. 

Optimus: ''Riley?'' 

I became so weak that he had to pick me up. The moment that he did my head just fell on his chest. 

Optimus: ''Riley? What's wrong?!''

Me: ''I...I don't k-know...'' 

When I woke up I saw that I was inside Optimus, laying on his grey seat with his jacket over my body. 

Me: ''What happened?'' 

I asked as I began to pick myself up. I saw that my bulletproof jacket was gone, together with my gun. 

Optimus: ''You used too much of your energy so you fainted. Don't worry the baby is okay, Ratchet and Wheeljack made sure of it.''

Sitting up I looked outside to see that he was taking me home. Looking in the rear mirror on the left I saw that Bulbmebee was following us with his guns and cannons ready. I wanted to tell Optimus that he needed to take me back because I needed to speak to Lennox and Charlotte about what was going on, but I knew that he wouldn't listen. 

As we came, Optimus carried me into our room as Bee stayed outside in his vehicle form. Optimus wanted me to take a rest. But how can I take a rest if others are in need of help? I wanted to help them. I wanted to help them stop Sentinel and Megatron. But the moment I was laying on the bed my breathing became slow and my eyes closed.

Next day...

Waking up the next day I saw that Optimus wasn't in the room. I could feel that he wasn't in the house or near me. Coming out of the room in the same clothes from yesterday I went downstairs where I found Bumblebee in the living room. He had his finger on his right ear which meant that he was talking to somebody. 

Bee: ''I understand.'' 

As I came to him, he stopped talking and looked at me. The moment he did I saw that something was wrong. His face was crushed. 

Me: ''What happened?'' 

Sometime later...

The moment Bee and I got to the base I went straight to Charlotte. She was looking down at the papers in her hands. 

Me: ''You can't let them win. They can't do this.'' 

Charlotte: ''It's official and I can't do anything about it.'' 

She said as she kept on looking down at the papers. 

Me: ''Autobots saved our planet more than once and you as just letting them go? We can't fight Megatron and his army on our own.'' 

Charlotte: ''Mrs. Pax....''

Me: ''They are your allies. The Autobots don't only fight for us but with us.'' 

Charlotte: ''And where are we now? Facing an enemy invasion with an enemy that has the means to deploy countless more.'' 

She turned around and began to walk away. 

Me: ''You will bring death to our planet!''

Charlotte stopped and turned her body towards me. 

Me: ''The Autobots are our only hope! Without them, we can't win! I will not let you take them away from...''

Charlotte: ''From who? You? Riley because of them here the was has started again!'' 

Me: ''No it's not because of them, but because of Megatron! He won't stop until the whole galaxy will be his! Are you so blind that you can't see this?!''

Charlotte: ''Now you listen to me, Mrs. Pax. You will not tell me or others about you what they need to do. We are trying to protect our people. I'm your superior and you...''

Me: ''No you are not my superior. I work with Autobots and Autobots alone and now that you turned your back at them, you turned your back at me.'' 

I took off the army jacket that I got that day at the academy. 

Lennox: ''Riley don't you work too hard for this.'' 

Sam: ''Riley...'' 

Me: ''Good luck saving the world. You will need it.'' 

With that, I let go of my jacket and turned around. With pain inside of me, I walked out of the base.