Chapter twelve - The bookstore

When I am with him, I feel like the whole world disappeared. Nothing matters. It's just him and I sitting there staring into each other's minds, and quite frankly I could sit there forever.

"Matt!" I shouted frantically as I ran over towards him.

"Olive! You shouldn't be here, go!" he cried as he urged me back in the direction I came from.

"What's going on?" I demanded.

We both look over into the park where Micah was not even a second ago, but he wasn't there.

"Where'd he go?" I asked quickly, I was more confused than I had ever been in my life.

"Go, this way come on, quick!" Matt cried as he pushed me into an alley way.

"Matt, where are we going?" I asked with resistance.

"Olive, I'll explain everything in a second. Please follow me" he yelled back at me.

We were now behind the old bookstore, Matt wiggled the doorknob and it was unlocked. Lucky. He rushed us inside and locked the door behind us.

I turned on the light switch on the wall near the door and all the lights in the building came flooding on. I could see the rows and rows of books placed in an orderly fashion filling up the space. The room was a sunny, yellow color. It always made me so happy in the past, now it just reminded me of when I used to be happy. The store was empty of course. Silent. So silent. I could hear Matt's loud breathing from across the room.

"Matt" I stared at him.

"It was Micah" he whispered as he sat down on a nearby bench.

"What was he doing there? What were you doing there?" I asked, confused.

"I got a letter... someone put it in my room... said to meet at park...it was Micah" he said in between breathes.

"I'm so confused" I muttered as I sat next to him.

"He tried to kill me Olive" he explained his face red, still struggling for air.

"Are you sure? But why?" I grabbed his hand and put it in mine. "My vision, I knew he was up to something but why... why would he do that?"

"That, that I don't know" he answered puzzled as he stared at the floor. "I'm sorry.."

"No, I'm sorry" I shout, cutting him off. "It was all a big misunderstanding Matt. I was just trying to help"

"I know, I'm so sorry" he breathed, his face finally starting to return to normal.

"You need to get out of here" he stated firmly as he nodded towards the back door.

"I'm not leaving you" I shouted quickly.

Matt leaned back on the bench and scratched his face brutally. "I don't think he'll hurt you but if stay with me, you're putting yourself at risk. You have to get away from me."

"No way! Matt, I'm helping you." I said sternly.

"No olive!" he yelled.

"I can't leave you because well... because I love you!" The words left my mouth so quickly I hardly realized what I was saying. Although, I was glad I said it.

"What?" his face quickly lit up with a smile.

I turned to him. "Not in a way friends do"

Just like that, he leaned forward until his lips touched mine.

Fireworks

"I love you too" he whispered as he moved back to look at me. "Not in a way friends do"

As I smiled, I could feel my bright red cheeks.

*bang bang*

Both of us jumped up from the bench at the loud noise.

*bang bang*

It was the front door.