Chapter sixteen- The hatch

I woke up in a dark cemented room, the floor was wet and cold. I could barely see what was in front of me but I heard a grunt from my side and knew that it was Micah.

This is it.

I thought to myself. This was the night from the vision and although we were all in danger, I was worried about Matt the most.

Matt. Where was he?

"MATT?!" I cried out desperately waiting for a response.

I received a wave of silence.

Micah continued to gasped for air beside me and my head grew tired as I tried to think. I shut my eyes. Everything was black again.

"Olive" a voice called.

My eyes shot open. "Matt?" I called back.

"Yes I'm here" he answered in gurgled breathes. I could make out his quite voice and knew he was in the room beside us.

We have to get out of here.

I felt around the concrete ground trying to find a way out, a window or a door maybe. Finally my finger tips felt a smooth panel and I was sure that it was some sort of hatch.

I shook the hatch furiously. It was locked.
I sighed "We're never getting out of this"

"Don't talk like that" Matt grunted from across the room.

"Are you hurt?" I whispered as I tried to make my way over to him.

"Just a little" he grunted again. "We both got hit pretty bad".

"You can say that again" Micah coughed suddenly. He was sitting in the corner now with his back pressed up against the wall.

I started to speak to them carefully. "I'm sorry" I whispered as I wiped a tear from my cheek.

"This is not your fault" Matt protested quickly and I could feel his hand grab onto mine. My heart beamed for the first time in what felt like forever.

"Guys we're going get out of here somehow" I finally heard Micah chime in.

"Hopefully" Matt grunted softly as he twisted his body back towards the cold damp wall.

I continued to feel around the hatch. I was trying with so much aggression to break it open.

I continued to tugged on it with no advantage. Just then I heard wood creek in the distance from the pit of darkness.

"Well well well" the voice laughed. "What am I going to do with you"

We stayed completely quiet, too scared to move a single muscle.

The creeping just got louder and louder. Finally his face peered into the light. His evil, twisted face. From the corner of my eye, I saw a key dangling from his pocket and I knew at once that it must be for the hatch. I knew it had to find a way to get it. Now.