Chapter seventeen- Freedom

"I must say that I didn't expect you" he laughed manically.

"What do you mean?" I asked as a heavy breathe left my chest.

"I just wanted Matt. You and your other friend were unexpected but now it's too late, you already know the truth" he sighed as he stretched his head feverishly.

"But it's not too late!" I quickly chimed in as I tried to get to my feet.

Matt was still gripping my hand so tightly that I had to shake his hand lose as I stood up. I heard him grunt from down below me and knew at once that he didn't like this at all.

I moved closer to him slowly.

"It's never too late" I sighed.

"But you saw me" he stated slowly.

I knew that I had to make him believe that I was on his side. I had to convince him.

"So what?" I yawned matter of factly. "I like a little excitement in my life every now and then."

He smiled and his face blushed slightly.
"Really? You don't think I'm crazy?" He asked as he moved closer to me.

"Not anymore. I think you have your reasons, and well maybe I have mine too" I whispered as I appeared closer to the corner in which he stood.

Although the room was dark I could just make out the paleness of his face turn slightly pink in reaction to this statement.

"Olive, what are you talking about?" Matt shuddered suddenly.

I turned to see Matt and Micah staring at me dumb founded, Matt looked as that his heart had been ripped out from his chest.

I'm sorry. I thought to myself.

I leaned in and gently kissed our attacker on his cheek. He eased up a bit when I did so and I was able to snatch the keys from his pocket and into my own without him sensing it.

I sighed in relief.

"Woah" the attacker smiled. "Listen I'll be back, none of you move a muscle" he shouted sternly. Just like that, he disappeared into the darkness and I was in the clear to check if this key worked in opening the hatch.

I quickly made my way to the hatch and started fiddling with it.

"How could you?" Matt grunted.

I turned to see his bright eyes staring at me. I realized he had no idea what had happened and thought I had betrayed him still.

"Matt" I began to say.

"Just don't" Matt sighed as he turned to face the wall briskly.

Just then the locked popped open.

"Thank god" I sighed in relief. I opened the hatch slowly, in attempt to not make much noise. I knew we only had a few seconds to get out of this room.

"Guys come on quick" I whispered quickly.

They both stared at me, confused for a second.

"How did you?" Micah began to speak.

"Come on" I cut him off.

The three of us piled into the hole and I shut the hatch behind me.

We were now in a dark forest.

Great. I thought to myself. How the hell are we going to get out of here?