VI

A/n: sorry for the sudden change of point of view last chapter....

Still Slash's POV:

Axl woke up the next morning, nose no longer running. "Good morning," I said, handing him a cup of green tea. "That's for your throat."

He took it and sipped lightly. "Thank you," he whispered, voice sounding a little hoarse. "I don't know if I can sing tonight."

"You're gonna have to. You know everyone's gonna flip out about it. It's kinda your fault that you're sick," I told him. I'd actually tried to get him a break the other day, but two sick days was non-negotiable. I sighed, feeling sympathy for the poor singer. "Just try to not talk too much, save your voice." 

Axl sipped the tea once more, rolling his eyes over the rim of the hotel's paper cup. He kicked off the comforter, revealing legs clad in only boxers from overheating when his fever broke. He pulled his shirt over his head, too, walking past me to get new clothes out for the day. I could practically feel my face growing slightly pink while I thought about him. It's so much harder to hide when I'm not on stage and he's like this. When there's no one else around, I can't play off my overwhelming attraction to him by finishing a guitar solo while resting my head on his shoulder or letting him scream the words to a song in my ear. My mouth was running dry while I thought about how desperately I wanted to push him back into that mattress, kissing up his thighs until he was begging me to stop teasing him, how I wanted to lace our fingers while I ran my other hand over his roman-godlike body, how I thought about how perfectly he would fit under me, and even how perfectly he would fit over me, kissing up and down my body. My hands started to tremble while excitement ran through my veins. Axl zipped up his fly, snapping me back to reality. He shot me an odd look. "What?" I asked. "I didn't say anything." He shrugged his shoulders,  pulling a shirt over his head. The horny monster in my stomach retracted back into me, bringing forth the protective monster once more. 

"You're probably starving," I declared, clapping my hands together. "The hotel actually has surprisingly good pancakes." Axl made a gesture where he pretended to hold a pencil, running his hand across the air. I patted my pockets for a pen I was sure I'd taken from the hotel desk, and it only took me a moment to find it. I handed it over to him before going to the hotel room's table for those on business trips where there was a notepad. I gave this to him as well. He started writing and I waited patiently for him to finish. 

'I'm not really that hungry. Can I just have a small bowl of cereal instead?' He gave me sad eyes. I shrugged, motioning for him to follow me out of the hotel room. As were walking out of the hotel room, his stomach erupted in an angry, aggressive growl. 

I shot Axl an irritated look while he clutched his stomach in a futile attempt to get it to stop making sounds. "You liar! Just outta bedrest and you're already thinking about your next suicide attempt!" I barked at him. 

He pushed on my chest, eyes filled with fire. "If you were half the person you pretend to be, you would understand why I can't go on living anymore!" He snapped at me. "So why don't you just go stick a fucking needle in your arm and leave me alone!" He spit in my face, turning on his heel and walking away from me. "Fucking faggot," He muttered. I wiped his saliva from my cheek with my hand, shaking my head.

"Oh, Axl," I sighed. "How could you've let me fall in love with you?" I put my head in my hands while I fell to my knees.

I walked onto the bus, stumbling over everything. Everything was in multiple renditions, blurry and moving. I tripped over something, shattering a glass. I was completely wasted, had spent the last four hours drinking my feelings away. "Aaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxlllll?!" I called. "Wheeeeree aaarre yooooooouu?!" I sang it out both sarcastically and happily. The singer, there were suddenly two of them, (could you imagine a world with two Axls? I don't think we're ready for that) appeared in front of me. I put my arm over his shoulder, kissing the top of his head. 

"What is the matter with you?" He demanded. "Stop being all gross and weird."

"Your voice is back," I giggled. "God, it sounds so fuckin' pretty. I love your voice." I smiled as I tried to kiss him again. 

He pushed me back. "You wreak of alcohol so badly it's making me sick," He cringed. "Are you gonna be able to perform?"

I laughed. "Perform?" I reached for my fly. Axl grabbed my hands. I guess he didn't want that kind of performance then...

"Your guitar, you fool." He pushed me on the chest again. "Pull yourself together." I stumbled backwards, tripping over something and falling onto a couch. It was here that I passed out. 

Someone smacked my cheek. "Wake up!" Duff shouted into my ear. "We're goin' on stage."

I cracked my eyes open, feeling my head throbbing. I knew I could probably perform if I just got a fix, but I didn't remember where I'd left my rig. Besides, after Axl's comment earlier, who really knew if I was going to make it? I stood up, shielding my eyes from the light with my hand. 

It didn't take me long to find my needle despite misplacing it, which is both terrifying and very reassuring. And the injection itself was quick and simple. Once the drugs were in my system, this hangover would be gone and I would be able to perform just fine. 

It only took me that long to figure out that I hadn't seen Axl at all tonight.