Chapter 4

Sarah's POV

I blinked my eyes open. Darkness. Two icy blue orbs stared into my dark green eyes.

Lightning.

I sat up placing her head against mine, "Lightning I'm sooo sorry. This wasn't supposed to happen..."

Jon's POV

I paced back and forth in the center of the Academy. The sun had rose. Last night in an attempt to rescue me Sarah had gotten herself captured. I was waiting for Ally so I could tell her. She's going to kill me. Ally showed up in the gates.

She ran up after seeing my grave expression, "What happened?"

"Sarah...she got herself captured..." Ally gasped. "She was trying to rescue me."

"We have to go get her!" Ally said running towards the gates.

I ran in front of her, "No! You know what Alvin's like. And if I know Sarah she can get out on her own. He'll kill her!"

"Of course I know what he's like! Remember the scars you've gotten from him?!" She said grabbing my arm.

"I know...but if we try anything, anything at all he'll kill her!" I said trying to sound convincing.

Ally turned towards me tears in her eyes, "This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't taken her searching for a dragon!"

"Ally trust me. She'll be fine with Lightning..." I gave a small smile.

"What? Who's Lightning?!" She asked.

"Ally, she made me go down there. That's why we went back that night! We had to!" I explained.

"What. Happened?!" She demanded.

"There's another Night Fury. Alvin had the last one. She wanted to rescue her. Lightning is there with her. She'll protect Sarah I know it." I muttered.

"Oh my..."

Sarah's POV

"Lightning we have to get out of here. Can you fly?" I whispered.

She crooned painfully and brought her tail to show me.

Her left tailfin was missing.

We're trapped.

"I need a Terrible Terror. Can you sense any?" I asked.

The door opened and a large broad-shouldered figure came in.

Alvin.

Lightning growled.

"Devil." He sneered.

"What do you want?!" I demanded.

"I want you to train my dragons!" He said crossing his arms.

"Why?!" I glared at him.

"I plan to rule the world!" He said.

I scoffed, "You're the kind of people my dad's been trying to get rid of!"

"TRAIN MY DRAGONS!" He screamed.

"NEVER!" I argued.

"Very well." He snickered and brought out a whip from behind his back.

Lightning snarled. Alvin unsheathed his sword and knocked Lightning out with the butt of it. I shrunk against the wall. He raised the whip and I turned away.

CRACK! The whip smacked against my back. I yelled out in pain. I could feel the blood trickling down my back. CRACK!

And so it began the numerous amounts of whipping on my back. I blacked out from the pain.