Chapter 13

Jon's POV

I just watched Lightning end Drago's life. I never thought this would happen. Wow.

"Dad, she had to do it." Sarah spoke softly.

"I...I guess you're right." I finally said shifting uncomfortably in the saddle.

"Lightning told me something..." She started. "Drago's the reason her and Shadow are the last of their kind."

"Oh my gods..." I managed to whisper.

Lightning started to veer away from Shadow.

"Hey where are you going?!" I called out.

"Gather the riders! Prepare for war!" She answered.

Sarah was turning herself in. That was part of her plan.

Sarah's POV

After I veered away from my dad Outcast island came into view a few hours later. Lightning hovered at the north side of the island waiting for someone to spot us.

We waited.

And waited.

And waited.

"Hey!" I shouted. "You declared war! Well here I am!" I lit blue inferno waving it in the air.

Nothing.

What the????

Lightning let's do a perimeter check. I wanna see what the deal is here.

We flew along the shore all around the island. No fires. No lights. Not even guards.
Let's check the prison.

Lightning landed in front of the tunnel and I got off running down the narrow hall. I stopped in front of a cell with a few dragons in it.

Ghost Fury! You shouldn't be here!

Where is everyone?!

They all left!

What?!

Alvin sent them all away! They're attacking Berk!

He knew I was going to do this...so he could destroy Berk! I need all the help I can get!

I unleashed blue inferno and sliced through every lock down the tunnel. The dragons followed me out of the tunnel to go save my friends.

*****

Through the fog I could see Berk in chaos. The Bewilderbeast was fighting along side Shadow blowing ice at Alvin's ships. My dad was on the ground fighting Alvin. He was doing pretty good but a man was sneaking up on my dad. Lightning dove towards the men claws outstretched as she grabbed the man ready to stab my dad. We dropped him in the ocean and went back to my dad. Lightning landed next to my dad and I jumped off so Lightning could help Shadow.

I unleashed blue inferno and pointed it at Alvin.

"Surrender and maybe we won't kill you." I threatened.

He chuckled, "I declared war on you child! You took my dragons! You refused my orders! I ought to kill you!"

"No!" My dad yelled. "We've had a quarrel for years Alvin! Leave her out of this!"

"Dad it's okay..." I reassure him.

"You're fifteen years old you don't-" An arrow stabbed through his stomach.

I screamed catching my dad as he fell.

Alvin laughed walking away.

Lightning!!!!!

I looked into the death that glowed in my father's eyes, "Come on stay with me. You'll be okay. Stay with me. I'm not ready."

Lightning came over and tore the arrow from his stomach. Dad screamed in pain as Lightning began licking his wound.

Nothing.

"No! Come on! Stay with me!" I pleaded.

Shadow pushed Lightning away and began licking the wound.

Still nothing.

His eyes began clouding rolling into the back of his head.

Come on Jon! Stay with me! Shadow roared.

Suddenly his spikes glowed blue and a blue flame emitted from his mouth creeping into the wound. The hole closed up and both sides and the blood dried up fading away.

My dad sat up coughing and groaning, "What happened????"

I punched his shoulder a thing I picked up from my mom, "You almost died! That's what happened! Luckily Shadow saved your life!"

"What?! He...saved my life...how?!" He asked.

I looked at Shadow, well? How'd you do it?!
He shrugged, I don't know!

"Originally both Lightning and Shadow tried licking you to see if their saliva would work but that didn't. So then Shadow started glowing blue all of a sudden and a blue flame left his mouth and healed your wound." I explained.

My dad stood up with Shadow's help, "Well figure that out later. Come on we have a war to win."