Chapter 14

Sarah's POV

Shadow and my father were blowing up ships and destroying the archers' post. Lightning and I searched the village for signs of Alvin. I finally spotted him trying to kill a dragon on a cliff.

Go! I ordered the dragon. You've done enough!

The dragon flew away to tend to his injuries and Lightning landed in front of Alvin. I got off readying blue inferno.

"You want me. You got me." I threatened.

Let me help you.

No this is my fight Lightning.

Alvin lunged at me and I ducked giving him a blow in the ribs. Lightning hung back but ready to fight as needed. Alvin staggered and charged me again connecting our swords sending sparks flying.

Alvin was advancing shoving me to the ground, my sword went scattering. He sheathed his sword and brought out the whip. I crawled backwards trying to get closer to my sword. I twisted around lunging for my sword.

CRACK!

The whip snagged in my back and I hollered in pain. Lightning tackled Alvin to the ground before he could get another whip in. She clawed and bit him ripping his clothes to shreds throwing his sword over the cliff letting it drop into the ocean with a plop.

I dragged myself over to my sword and slowly crawled over to where Lightning was pinning Alvin to the ground. His fingers wrapped around the whip as he swung towards Lightning's back. I swung my sword slicing the whip charing the ends before it made contact to my dragon's back.

Lightning...

Let me end him! Right now!

Let him up! He needs a fair trial.

My father landed on beside me as Lightning moved aside to let Alvin stand up.

"Sarah are you okay?!" He asked.

I nodded, "I've been better."

Lightning nudged me causing me to stagger a bit. Ouch what the hell girl?!

Sorry...but I need to heal you...

Right well go ahead.

Shadow let me lean on him as Lightning licked my back healing my wound. Alvin stood eyeing us wearily. I readied my sword.

"Keep moving." I ordered.

Alvin moved in front of us as we escorted him back into the village.

"He's the only prisoner we'll have!" I announced.

I looked around to see none of Alvin's men.

"Where are his men?" I asked my dad.

"Ask your friend up there." He smiled gesturing to the Bewilderbeast.

Thank you, for all your help.

He dipped his head, anytime Ghost Fury but now I must go so I can live my life in peace with my own kind. I am sorry for freezing you and your dragon.

There are more of you? And it's okay...

Far away from here.

The Bewilderbeast dived into the ocean never to be seen again.

Alvin was thrown into prison with guards watching him 24/7 as we began the rebuilding process. Some houses were burnt to a crisp or destroyed by ice.

Dad and I walked the village checking on the injured while Shadow and Lightning checked on the dragons making sure they got back to the hangar safely to heal.

We won.