Chapter 8

Sarah's POV

"What do you think Lightning?" I turned to my dragon. "Should we leave find a new home?" She shrugged. I remembered Hiccup's words. War is coming...Alvin is the last piece we need for people and humans to be truly at peace. "I can't leave when they need me. But my mom...she's crazy."

"She is."

I turned around to see my dad standing at the cove entrance holding something the same color as Lightning's shredded tailfin.

"Well sometimes she is. I made an extra just in case things like this would happen." He knelt at Lightning's tail taking off the ripped one and put on the new one. "Now, what's this about a war?"

"Um...well...the first time I was whipped," Dad winced at the words. "I lost consciousness and Hiccup came to me. He told me Alvin was the last piece to the puzzle. He's the last person in your way Dad!"

"So what you're saying is...we go to war with Alvin. We win. Then we'll have peace at last and the dragons won't disappear?" My dad asked.

I nodded. "Why does he want me Dad?"

"To train his dragons so he could take over the world." He simply said. "He did the same thing to me."

"I have a feeling it's more than that. I mean he had Lightning! There's something going on here!" I said.

"All in time Sarah..." My dad put a hand on my shoulder.

"I need to go back." I whispered.

"What?! You can't!" He said.

"I need to rescue those dragons! He's got loads of dragons down there Dad! We need all the help we can get." I explained.

"How do you plan on convincing them you're on their side?!" He asked raising an eyebrow.

I shrugged looking at Lightning. She stared back. I snapped my fingers. "Dragonease."

"The language of the dragons?! How are you gonna do that?" My dad asked, bewildered.

I shrugged and looked at Shadow. "Dad would you mind going back to the village? I need some time to think about this."

He nodded, "Of course."

"Dad?" I asked as he started walking away with Shadow.

He turned back, "Yeah?"

"We need to figure out how to get the dragons out without making any noise. We can't just blow every prison cell." I told him.

He grinned, "I have the perfect idea. Come back soon though okay?"

I nodded and he took off on Shadow.

"Okay Lightning. How do you say Lightning?" I asked her.

She replied with a series if dragon noises. I repeated the words and she nodded approvingly.

"Shadow."

More noises that I repeated.

"I'm here to save you."

Clicking of the tongue three times then a croon.

Fascinating.

I sat all day with Lightning learning the language. Pretty soon I knew just about everything. The sun was falling into the ocean so I have to go home.

Let's go Lightning.

Hi-aye captain.

Funny.

She took off and flew to the village landing in front of my house. I walked in to see my mom making dinner.

"Where's Dad?" I asked her.

"In the forge. He says he's working on this big project so I wouldn't disturb him." She said not looking up from the dinner.

I sat in a stool across from her. "I'm sorry."
She put the spoon in the pot, "No I'm sorry. I ripped your dragon's tail."

"Lightning almost killed you for that." I mumbled.

She nodded and Shadow burst through the door crooning at me.

Jon needs you let's go!

I'm coming! I slid off the stool and ran after Shadow. My mom just stood there bewildered.

Wait you can understand me?!

I've been learning from Lightning all day!

Wow...

Lightning ran ahead with a burst of speed excited to just move around.

Calm yourself girl!

She stopped in front of the forge and I went around walking in.

"Dad?" I called.

He came out holding a silver tube. He was shirtless. I stiffled a laugh despite how ripped he was at 35.

"Tah-dah!" He cheered holding up the tube.
"What is it?" I asked.

He handed it over, "Slide the switch up at the top."

I slid the switch, a sword identical to my dad's slid out except instead of regular fire it was a purple-blue.

"Whoa." I whispered.

The two Night Furies stared in awe.

"I used Night Fury saliva just like I did with mine except you know Monstrous Nightmare saliva. Either way they're the same. And yours does spray Hideous Zippleback gas and has the spark." He place a two black leather straps in my hand; one full of smaller round tubes and another with a metal shelf type thing. "I made plenty of cartridges and I can make plenty more. The metal thing is to hold your sword."

"Thanks Dad!" I hugged him.

"Now we can go rescue those dragons of yours!"