Chapter 5

Sarah's POV

I took in my surroundings. I wasn't in a prison cell, I was in the cove the place my dad has showed me many times before. I must be dreaming.

A man stepped from the shadows hands behind his back as he walked around the pond to meet me.

"Are you Hiccup?!" I asked.

He nodded, "I'm just as surprised as you are. To find a Night Fury. I never found another one in my time."

"But I got us captured. Again." I said looking down.

"You saved your father. You did the right thing." He said picking up my chin forcing me to look into his eyes.

"I know but I promised Lightning I would get her out of there..." I mumbled.

"You'll get out of there I promise." He said smiling.

"You didn't bring me here to tell you that I'll escape did you?" I aksed.

He nodded stepping away, "I'm afraid not. War is coming Sarah..."

"War?!" I asked.

"The last piece to the puzzle." He said.

"What?! That doesn't make sense!" I shouted.

"Stop the war. The dragons will be safe." He said and disappeared.

I sat up quickly but groaned in pain from my back. Lightning picked her head up and licked my face.

"Thanks girl. How are we gonna get out of here huh?" I asked.

She continued licking my face shoving me to the ground with her head and begun licking my back.

Almost instantly the pain went away. I twisted around looking at my back. The wounds were gone all that was left were scars.

"Woooow. Well at least I'll match my dad." I grinned. "Can you send a silent sonar? I need a Terrible Terror and paper and pencil."

Lightning opened her mouth sending out a sonar. Blue rings light up the hallway and I sat. Waiting.

A few minutes later a small dragon slid through the cell bars dropping paper and a pencil in front of me.

I began writing.

Dad,

I can't escape; Lightning lost her left tailfin. She can't fly. He whipped me Dad, and he's probably going to do it again. I don't know if I can handle the pain. I need a tail for Lightning. I need to get out of here.
A Night Fury's saliva has powers. It can heal wounds. Lightning's the only way I can survive. Get me a tail. Before it's too late.

-Sarah

I placed the letter in the small dragon's mouth. "Go..."

The dragon took off flying out of the tunnels. I leaned back against the wall and Lightning rested her head on my lap.

"Looks like we're gonna be here for a while." I whispered letting the tears come.