Chapter 3~ Out Of Place

(Autumn's POV)

Ow... T-that really hurt... What even hit me? Autumn shifted her wings so they weren't pinned underneath her, and instantly regretted it as a bolt of pain shot through her skull. The surface she was lying on was cold and hard. It must be stone.

Autumn heard quiet voices muttering around her, and she decided to listen to see if she could pick up anything. She fell still, and soon she could hear quite clearly what the dragons were saying.

"Battlescar... What... Why did you bring her here!? FOR MOONS SAKE WE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO SHE IS." Panicked a regal sounding voice. 

"I was just doing my job, Princess Starwing. I found her lurking by the royal gardens, she looked like she was there to kill someone, I knocked her out, and brought her here." 

"Well, from what you told me before, she was having a drink. Also, if she was here to kill me, it was stupid of you to bring her to me!" Yelped Princess Starwing.

"You could have asked her nicely what she was doing. You'd be surprised how much easier it is if you ever tried it." Piped up a young voice.Battlescar growled, and there was a yelp and the sound of scrabbling claws on stone. 

"This is stupid, I'm going back to the palace." Declared Battlescar. He stomped away, muttering to himself.

Autumn snickered. "Uhm.... is she awake? Just when Battlescar decided to leave?" Worried a new, quiet voice. 

"I'm sure she isn't, Cometgaz- HOPESEEKER GET BACK HERE! SHE MIGHT BE DANGEROUS!" Yelped the Princess. Small claws were scrambling towards her, and a few seconds later a small voice whispered in her ear. 

"Helloooooo, are you awakeeeee nowwwww? It's been HOURS and all I've been able to listen to are the others arguing!" 

Autumn snorted to herself. "She's awake!" Yelled the triumphant dragonet.

 "We KNOW THAT Hopeseeker!" Muttered the quiet voice. Autumn grunted and sat up. Her head and snout hurt, but that was the least of her worries. Her eyes flicked open, and she gazed around at her captors. 

The one who had whispered in her ear was a male who looked around her age, with a quartz pendant that glowed yellow. There was also the princess, who had dark purple scales and small rings on her claws. The last one was a small blue dragon, who looked a little older than herself. A small necklace hung from her neck, and there was a pouch lying deposited by her ankle. She had silver scales beside her eyes. 

Wait... Nightwings with silver scales by their eyes mean they can read minds! For moons sake Autumn, don't think of anything secret!  

"Hello there, uhm... What's your name?" Asked Princess Starwing gently. Should I tell hem my real name? Or should I come up with a fake name? 

"Autumn!" She blurted suddenly, and then face-taloned herself.

 "Ok, Autumn may I ask you what your doing here?" 

"What? No introductions? Never mind, I know who you are Princess." Autumn huffed. The princess gulped. Was Battlescar right? Is she here to kill me? 

Autumn blinked. How did I hear that!? Can I read minds? If so, why now? "I'm not here to kill you..." Autumn said slowly. 

Did she hear that!? She can't of! She's not a Nightwing! Worried the princesses thoughts."Right. Good. Uhm, so what were you doing in the royal gardens?" She asked.

"I was in the palace gardens?" Autumn said, surprised. 

"Close enough." Replied the Princess. 

"Uhm... I was... Collecting fruit?"