~ Chapter Seven ~

Martin's point of view:

I can't believe it. I can't believe that I kissed her. I didn't think kissing a girl would be such a rush. I had kissed many women before, well, not many, but a fair few. None of them made me feel like this. Take that rush I felt, and then couple it with electric euphoria of kissing under water, completely unfolded and exposed. It was like having a small taste of freedom that I just couldn't get enough of. How could one feeling be so...superlative?

And now here she was, laying on the sofa of the living room with me. The two of us squeezed together on the furniture, and I found myself lucky that she was so small that it was possible to even do this. I was holding a notebook in my hand, a ballpoint pen in my other. She was watching while I scribbled little pictures of whatever she wanted on the paper. I drew a little, simple daisy on the paper, reminding her of the night we had on the balcony. I then wrote Juliet the Daisy in the best cursive I could write down in such an awkward seated position.

"I'm a daisy?" She asked. I smiled and nodded as I turned my head to her. I felt the fabric of her grey and white polka dotted dress grazing against my clothes as we lay on the couch together. I kissed her lips quickly, softly and as romantically as I could get it to be.

"You're every flower in the world," I replied. She blushed as she deepened our former kiss. She turned to her side and placed her hand on my cheek as we kept kissing on the sofa. Good thing we locked the door before we came in. I would have hated to have anyone walk in and see this. Her father didn't know about what we had been up to. It was such a secret that I didn't even tell it to Carl who was resting himself and his wounds upstairs in the guest room.

"When should we tell my father? He has to know eventually if you're coming to Egypt with us in the spring," she said to me. I took a breathe as my lips were still close to hers, feeling her minty breathe on my face as we laid together in total peace.

"Perhaps we announce it formally but simply?" I asked. She nodded, and her eyes shut as she wrapped her fingers into my hand as they intertwined. Her bare foot dragged along my leg as it slowly and seductively went up.

"Soon. I want to lay here for a little bit longer," she said.

~~~

Juliet's point of view:

A knock on my door that night sounded from my bedroom. I was sitting at my desk, reading a book alone when the door had knocked. I closed the book and left it on the desk as I walked to it, opening it. The entrance revealed my house maid Maria, standing proper in the doorway. "Pardon me, madame, but your father wishes to see you in his study," she said to me.

"Right, yes, thank you. I'll be down in a moment," I replied. I wrapped one of my robes around my body and tied it around my waist. I left the room and walked down the stairs to the study, where he was at his desk. However, he wasn't the only one inside. Three men were standing in front of the desk, and all of them looked like treasure hunting renegades. "Father?" I asked curiously.

"Hello, Juliet! I'd like you to meet the final additions to our team for Egypt. Men, meet my daughter, Juliet!" He said excitedly. I went up to three, rather burly and tall men. The first one came up to me, he had shaggy blonde hair and dark brown eyes. He had a lot of stubble on his face, making his jaw seem incredibly sharp. We shook hands and I was almost weighed down by his strong handshake.

"Brand Thrussel, please to meet ya," he said. My God, was he ever American. I couldn't quite place where but it was definitely American I could say that for sure.

"Hello. Where are you from, might I ask?" I said.

"All three of us come from the snowy-ass parts of Wisconsin. That's why we joined up, so we could get some warm adventure before we go back," he said. I nodded and the second man came up to me. His hair was dark and cut close to his scalp, his eyes a bright blue that radiated from his pale skin. He was a little shorter than Brand but still quite a bit taller than me.