CHAPTER XLII: His Question

Edwin's POINT OF VIEW

The party is in a full swing here at ALV Corporation. It is the graduation celebration of me and Xandrie who is busy entertaining our guest.

"You seem so in love." I turned my gaze to the person who startled me. It is Carl from the school paper organization.

I gave him a knowing look, "I won't deny that one. She is so precious that no one could ever replace her. She's a rare gem and I'm so lucky that I have the chance to hold and keep her for us long as I can."

Carl look at me sympathetically. "You are indeed a lucky guy to have her."
I just smiled proudly before I bid my goodbye to  him and walk towards my woman. She is effortlessly stunning on her royal blue off shoulder dress.
"Good evening ladies." I politely greeted to my cousins and Xandrie who are so busy chitchatting with each other. "Am I interrupting something?"

"We are actually talking about you, Kuya." Kristine 'Ris' Cuerdo from my father's side playfully stated. "We are telling Ate Xandrie that she could find somebody else pa if you're not courting her."

My eyebrows furrowed and before I could react Chrysirie 'Rie' Cuerdo who is Kristine's twin sister interrupted, "Sayang naman kasi eh. She's so pretty yet our cousin here is so mabagal and torpe." Conyo na dagdag nito.

I looked at Xandrie and she just shrugged at me. Instead of teasing back my cousins, I solely focus my attention to Xandrie.

"Kumain ka na ba? We could have something from the buffet." I offered before checking the time on my wristwatch. "Its almost time for your medicine too. Lets---"

"Lets go, twin sister. May mga langgam na dito and they are biting me." Ris rolled her eyes that made me chuckle. "Tara na nga. Bye lovebirds." And with that, they left us.

"They are cute and adorable." Xandrie commented while still looking at my cousins walking towards the buffet table on the left side of the hall. "And annoying too." Pagtatapos ko na siyang ikinalingon niya sa pwesto ko at ikinatawa.

"Inaasar ka lang naman nila."

"I know but they are too cute to resists whenever they have favour to ask. I can't help but to baby those two 'cause I love spoiling them."

She nodded, "And they are great speakers too. They have the confidence and all."

"Mana sa akin. What else could you say?" I teases her.

She laugh that made me stare at her. "Well, I won't dent that fact pero humahangin ka na eh. Don't you think you're hungry?" Pang-aasar niya pa sa akin na siyang ikinatawa ko din.

"I think so too. Let's go and have something to eat. Kailangan mo na din uminom ng gamot mo." I reminded her while accompanying her to the other  table and asked the waiter to serve for us.

"Mas mahigpit ka pa kay Austine ha. You memorized my schedule of taking my medicines talaga." She stated before drinking some water.

I smirked, "Of course. It is necessary for you to take these medicines on time."

And because of that, I dial Khey's number for the medicine of this lady. After couple of rings, Khey picked up.

[Hello] She greeted.

"Hi, I would like to know kung nasa iyo ang medicines ni Xandrie. Its almost time for her to take the medicines."

Nagsalubong ang kilay ko ng may marinig akong ingay. At napangisi naman ako ng makilala ko ang boses na iyon.

[ Actually it is here---- Who the hell is calling you at this hour?] It is Austine obviously who interrupted Khey. [Shut up Boss! This is an important call so por favor—Mas importante pa saken Khey?] Shock and dramatic na tanong ni Austine on the other line.

I stopped myself from chuckling. I looked at Xandrie who is now busy eating her food. Hindi ko na namalayan ang pagdating ng mga pagkain namin.

Hindi ako umimik hanggang sa hindi natatapos si Austine at Khey na magtalo.

[I am sure it is more important to you. Si Edwin lang naman ang tumatawag mainly because he is asking kung nasaan ang gamot ng kapatid mo.] Frustrated na sagot naman ni Khey sa boss niya na mukhang natahimik at natigilan.

[Hello Edwin? Still there?] Khey asked me.

I cleared my throat before answering, "Yes. I'm still on the other line. So tapos na kayo magtalo?"

[ I'm sorry if you overheard that. Austine is just annoying sometimes and he is kind of tipsy kaya ganiyan. So about your question, I'll ask one of her bodyguard to get the medicine for you ha. I need to take good care of this big brother of Xandrie.]

"Sure, I'll wait for it then. Thank you."

[ No problem. Gotta go, the boss is sleepy.]

"Sa bahay daw kayo dumiretso dahil may after party pa mamaya na tayo-tayo lang daw sabi nina Kuya." I reminded her. Baka kasi sa mansion o sa condo ni Austine sila umuwi eh.

[Sure. Magpapahatid na lang kami sa drivers natin. Have fun and take care.]

"I will. Ingat kayo." And with that she hung up. "You're enjoying the food?" I asked Xandrie.

She nodded while having prawn on her plate, "They are all delicious. I can't help but to eat them with my bare hands."

And she isn't kidding about eating on bare hands. She is actually eating with her hands now without minding other people here eating with spoon and fork. In this fancy and elegant place, this woman never fails to amaze me.

"Slowly." Paalala ko sa kaniya noong makita kong kumuha pa siya ng tempura. I got steak with me and some side dishes too. "Uuwi na sina Austine at Khey. Your brother seems drunk." I informed her.

She looked at me with disbelief, "Jinja?" Really? "So that's why you're telling Khey to directly went to your family house." I nod, "Yes, your brother really has something today."
Tatawa-tawa naman siya dahil sa sinabi ko. We stayed there for some minutes until we both get satisfied and get full. We shared our thoughts and humor each other as time passes by.

"May I have this dance, My Lady?" I asked out of a sudden when I stood up and heard the melodic music.
She smiled widely before accepting my hand, "Yes, My Lord."

Iginiya ko siya papuntang dance floor and I can easily feel the stare of the people around us. I carefully lead her to middle and put her hand on my shoulders as I put my hand on her waist.

When she is comfortable enough, we slowly moved our body to follow the rhythm of the music.

I can't help but to stare at her angelic face. She is just looking around while we keep following the song.

"Classy" I almost whispered as I called her. She looked up on me with a smile, "Hmmm?" she asked.
I stared down to her lovingly, "I don't know how to start this speech but I wanted you to know whatever inside of me." I softly started. "You captured me on the most enticing way. You were just standing there in front of the announcement board saying my name. And I can't help but to look on the back of yours because you are wearing all black that day. From then on, I can't stop myself  from worrying whenever you're in pain. I can't help but to admire you from a far. I love the way you smile and laugh. I love your serious and laughing face. I love every angle of your face."

I lift my hand and gently wipe her tears. "I love you ever since Xandrie that I can't remember when it has started. But the moment you were laying on the hospital bed in Australia, that's the time I realized I would not be able to live without you. You captured a piece of me. A big space on my heart."

Hinawakan ko ang magkabilang pisngi niya. "I love you Miss Xandrie Anyssa Ereni Sevilla."

"Can I have the right to own and give you everything that I can?"

To be continued