CHAPTER XXXIX: You're Free

Edwin's POINT OF VIEW

"I want that kind of potatoes Irene gave me last time." Xandrie demanded while leaning on her hospital bed. She is stable and fine now.

It's been days since she woke up and there are some changes with her. I am just observing everyone while I am comfortably sitting here on single sofa on the corner. I am good enough being here that arguing with this hard headed girl.

"Irene already moved to New York. She can't be here for that stupid potatoes." Austine commented while typing on his laptop.

He is so engrossed on working since it's been months from the last he worked so much. And he has been complaining since this morning because of too many paper works that needs to be done.

"I really want that, Kuya. Can't I have it?" Xandrie asked while pouting her lips. She is exerting too much cuteness to get what she really wants.

"What's with that potatoes that you've been craving?" Austine asked with a frown.

"I just like it." baliwalang sagot ni Xandrie.

"But it isn't healthy."

Xandrie glared her brother. "And who told you such things?" Asar na tanong ni Xandrie sa kapatid niya na hindi man lang siya binabalingan ng tingin.

Her gaze sharpened while staring her brother. " Hindi mo ba alam na sa bawat 100 grams ng potatoes may 77 calories kang nakukuha? It has 6 mg sodium, 421 mg of potassium and so much more. How dare you to tell that potatoes are stupid?!"

Hindi ko alam kung dapat ba akong matawa o ano dahil sa nasasaksihan ko. Nakita ko na lang na napakamot sa batok si Austine at hindi na nakipag argumento pa kay Xandrie.

"I really want potato fries." Pagmamaktol pa ni Xandrie habang isa isa kaming tinitingnan.

Khey from nowhere appeared and handed Xandrie a plate of potato chips. She was the one who cooked those potatoes for this lady with us.

"Para matigil ka na sa kakapatatas mo. I really respect your brother but my patience for you getting thinner inch by inch because you keep asking for that potatoes." Khey stated but Xandrie just ignored what she is saying and take a bite of potato chips.

We are all waiting for her response and reaction after having a portion of that potato chips cooked by Khey.

"I don't like this." Walang kaemo-emosyong saad nito na nagpatanga kay Khey. "Hindi naman ganito yung patatas na dala ni Irene eh."

"Syempre magkaiba iyon. Iyan galing lang sa market yung kay Irene galing pa sa Australian Agriculture Laboratory." Khey reasoned out.

"I don't like that. It's tasteless." She blankly said.

Para namang naubusan ng lakas si Khey at parang nabuwag sa kinatatayuan niya. Ganon kabilis ang pagkilos ni Austine at nasalo si Khey na ngayon ay namumutla.

"What's wrong with you?" Galit na tanong ni Austine sa nakakabatang kapatid.

Xandrie looked up on him with innocent face. "What did I do?"

"Are you okay?" Austine softly asked Khey that made my eyebrow arched. He is caressing Khey's back who is not answering Austine's question.

"And you," itinuro nito si Xandrie. "Eat that stupid potatoes Xandrie."

"Ayaw ko. Hindi ganiyan yung patatas ni Irene." Stubborn na sagot nito.

I took a deep breathe and gather all my strength before walking towards Xandrie's direction. She looked up on me confusingly. Maybe she is wondering why I shown up abruptly and not meddling on their conversation earlier.